All we need is Leonard Cohen's sound track - 'Like a bird on the wire'.
- 1 Funny Little Bird Settles on Telephone Wire
- 2 FriendsArrive
- 3 Big Bird on theWire
- 4 Classic Shot of Frightened Birds on a Wire
- 5 Can'Big Bird' be Friends with the Little Birds?
- 6 Funny Birds on a Wire Video
- 7 'Like a bird on the wire'. By Leonard Cohen (Also recorded by JohnnyCash)
- 8 BirdsOnline
- 9 Swallows Perching on a Branch
- 10 BirdsOn aWire - Odd One Out
- 11 Birds on a Wire Legends and Superstitions
- 12 More Birds on a Wire
- 13 Pay Attention Now: Funny Bird Talk
- 14 Who's a Pretty Boy?
- 15 See more bird jokes, funny pictures, stories and videos
Funny Little Bird Settles on Telephone Wire
Oh like a
bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free.
Big Bird on the
Classic Shot of Frightened Birds on a Wire
'Big Bird' be Friends with the Little Birds?
Funny Birds on a Wire Video
See what happens when the big bird settles on the telegraph wire. All will be revealed in the video below.
N.B. With some browsers you need to click twice on the Play arrow to start the video.
N.B. Help for Mozilla browsers
Free Download of Birds Video (Right click, Save Target As)
'Like a bird on the wire'. By Leonard Cohen (Also recorded by Johnny
Like a bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
Like a knight from some old fashioned
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.
Like a baby,
Like a beast with his horn
I have torn everyone who reached out for me.
But I swear by this song
And by all that I have done wrong
I will make it all up to thee.
I saw a beggar
leaning on his wooden crutch,
He said to me, you must not ask for so much.
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
She cried to me, hey, why not ask for more?
Oh like a bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir have tried in my way to be free.
This photograph shows 24 swallows huddling together to survive harsh winter
weather. The two dozen birds clamoured together on a single branch to
Photographer Keith Williams, 59, spotted the scene while out walking his
dog on a trail beside the Yukon River in Canada.
Wire - Odd One Out
Just a picture that appealed to Will and Guy, and made us think about why
that bird is facing the other way?
- Country people say that a flock of blackbirds on a telegraph wire it
means that a storm is approaching. So, bring in your washing, and
break out the Macintoshes.
- If a bird especially flies into a house then beware, it's a portend of a
death within a year. The foreboding acquires extra significance
if the bird is a sparrow, and they fly in through a window not the door.
- Doves are a good omen. A pair of doves on the gatepost is a sign
that there will be a wedding by Christmas.
- In Edwardian times, women sewed a swan's feather into their husbands
pillows, in the belief that it would stop them being unfaithful.
- With crows, its the number of 'birds on a wire' that is highly significant, so know when
to stop counting!
Six is death.
Pay Attention Now: Funny Bird Talk
So one bird said to the other: Dicky went into a pet shop and said,
'Have you got any birds?'
The shop keeper smiled and replied, 'Yes, we have three birds, a
square bird, a circle bird and a triangle bird.'
'I think I'll take
the square bird,' Dicky chirped.
'OK, here's your bird but keep it away from other shapes.'
So Dicky took the bird to his square home in his square car. He
bought the bird a square cage and put it in a square room with square
objects in it. Soon the bird learned to talk so Dicky threw a party for
When everyone was quiet the bird gave a small talk and then Dicky led
everyone in a round of applause and the bird died!