- 1 Funny Little Bird Settles on Telephone Wire
- 2 Friends Arrive
- 3 Big Bird on the Wire
- 4 Classic Shot of Frightened Birds on a Wire
- 5 Can 'Big Bird' be Friends with the Little Birds?
- 6 Funny Birds on a Wire Video
- 7 'Like a bird on the wire'. By Leonard Cohen (Also recorded by Johnny Cash)
- 8 Birds Online
- 9 Swallows Perching on a Branch
- 10 Birds On a Wire - Odd One Out
- 11 Birds on a Wire Legends and Superstitions
- 12 More Birds on a Wire
- 13 Pay Attention Now: Funny Bird Talk
- 14 Who's a Pretty Boy?
- 15 See more bird jokes, funny pictures, stories and videos
Funny Little Bird Settles on Telephone WireOh like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free.
Big Bird on the Wire
Classic Shot of Frightened Birds on a Wire
Can 'Big Bird' be Friends with the Little Birds?
Funny Birds on a Wire VideoSee what happens when the big bird settles on the telegraph wire. All will be revealed in the video below. N.B. With some browsers you need to click twice on the Play arrow to start the video. N.B. Help for Mozilla browsers Free Download of Birds Video (Right click, Save Target As)
'Like a bird on the wire'. By Leonard Cohen (Also recorded by Johnny Cash)Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free. Like a worm on a hook, Like a knight from some old fashioned book I have saved all my ribbons for thee. If I, if I have been unkind, I hope that you can just let it go by. If I, if I have been untrue I hope you know it was never to you. Like a baby, stillborn, Like a beast with his horn I have torn everyone who reached out for me. But I swear by this song And by all that I have done wrong I will make it all up to thee. I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch, He said to me, you must not ask for so much. And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door, She cried to me, hey, why not ask for more? Oh like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir have tried in my way to be free.
Birds On a Wire - Odd One OutJust a picture that appealed to Will and Guy, and made us think about why that bird is facing the other way?
- Country people say that a flock of blackbirds on a telegraph wire it means that a storm is approaching. So, bring in your washing, and break out the Macintoshes.
- If a bird especially flies into a house then beware, it's a portend of a death within a year. The foreboding acquires extra significance if the bird is a sparrow, and they fly in through a window not the door.
- Doves are a good omen. A pair of doves on the gatepost is a sign that there will be a wedding by Christmas.
- In Edwardian times, women sewed a swan's feather into their husbands pillows, in the belief that it would stop them being unfaithful.
- With crows, its the number of 'birds on a wire' that is highly significant, so know when to stop counting! One's bad, Two's luck, Three's health, Four's wealth, Five's sickness, Six is death.