Official collective noun: A Rafter of Turkeys Will and Guy's assemblage: A Death-row of Turkeys
- Preparing Turkeys for Thanksgiving
- Where's the Turkey?
- Cruising for a Bruising?
- How Were Turkeys So Named?
Joan D. Vinge says: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.Oh Dear! Could the above be a death-row of turkeys?
Asked to write a composition entitled, 'What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving,' one student wrote, 'I am grateful that I'm not a turkey.'See more funny thanksgiving turkey pictures
Four Legged TurkeyAmos, a hardworking turkey farmer was experimenting with breeding turkey which would fetch more money. Market research indicated that the turkey legs fetched the most money. After countless fruitless generations of turkeys, Amos finally cracked the genetic code, and created a batch of four legged turkeys. Just before Thanksgiving Amos shared his success with his family. 'I finally did it! I bred a turkey that has four legs!' Said Amos. 'What does it taste like?', asked Aunty Mary. 'I don't know yet, 'said Amos, 'I haven't caught one yet'
Let the Turkey Hang?Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother's tasted better the day before. Rita Rudner
Talking Turkey A woman called 1-800-322-4349 to find out how long it would take to roast her Thanksgiving turkey. To answer the question, the Talk-Line home economist asked how much the bird weighed. The woman responded, 'How do I know, it's still running around outside.'
Funny Thanksgiving Sparring Partners
No Messin!See more funny pictures of turkeys
- Turkeys can have heart attacks. Groups of turkeys, sometimes known as a rafter of turkeys would drop dead when the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier nearby.
- Apparently turkeys can drown if they look up when it is raining.
- Excessive turkey breeding has caused turkey breasts to grow so enormous that the turkeys sometimes fall over.
- The Pilgrim Fathers would not eat lobster because they thought it was a giant insect.
Talking TurkeyDid you know that in the USA there are eight breeds of turkey (Meleagris gallopavo), : Bronze, Narragansett (see above right), White Holland, Black Spanish, Blue Slate, Bourbon Red, Belstsville Small White (also Midget White) and the Royal Palm turkey.
- See more funny thanksgiving turkey pictures
- And, please send us your funny thanksgiving pictures and cartoons.