- 1 Day Jokes and Stories
- 1.1 Examples of Will and Guy's All Fools' Day Jokes
- 1.2 Spaghetti Bushes
- 1.3 War of the Worlds
- 1.4 Turn a Black and White TV into Color
- 1.5 More April Fool's Day Pranks
- 1.6 Superglued Coins
- 1.7 Human Contact Spreads Computer Viruses (April Fool Day Prank)
- 1.8 F-15 Plane Hoax
- 1.9 Space shuttle Discovery lands at Montgomery Field, San Diego
- 1.10 Piltdown Man
- 1.11 Ten Funny, Interesting and Thought-Provoking "April Fool" Quotes
- 1.12 The French and Poisson d'Avril
- 1.13 Advice on Getting Away With An April Fools Day Prank
- 1.14 Will and Guy's Brief Look at April Fools' Day
- 1.15 Origins and History of All Fools Day
- 1.16 Worldwide April Fools
- 1.17 The Madmen of Gotham - Is This Really Where It Started?
- 1.18 An April Fool Song
Day Jokes and Stories
There is something special about April Fool's day morning. Get into the mood, review past master-pieces then get ideas for a really good practical joke.
- 2012 April Fools Hoaxes
- 2011 April Fools Hoaxes
- 2010 April Fools Hoaxes
- 2009 April Fool's Day Hoaxes
- April Fool's Day Hoaxes
- April Fool's Day Pranks
- April Fool's Day Jokes
- Poisson d'Avril Jokes
- Spaghetti Joke
- Piltdown Man (Joke but not on April Fool's Day)
Examples of Will and Guy's All Fools' Day JokesHere are ideas for April Fools jokes. While many are well know pranks you could modify them to suit your circumstances.
Spaghetti BushesWhat made this April Fool's Day joke convincing was that it was put on the BBC. This was a time when the BBC was the pillar of society, no-one could believe that even on the first of April, that the BBC would put out a fake program about the manufacture of spaghetti. This is how they pulled off the hoax.
War of the WorldsWatch out for alien hoaxes on the first of April. However, the first alien hoax was on the 30th of October 1938. This famous 'War of the Worlds' Joke caught millions by surprise. See what actually happened.
Turn a Black and White TV into ColorWill and I choose this Joke because it illustrates the naivety that you get when any new technology hits the masses. This is how Kjell Stensson tricked thousands of Swedish viewers.
More April Fool's Day Pranks
Superglued CoinsThis April Fool's joke works every year. Superglue high-value coins to a location where lots of people walk pass. If possible stand at a discrete corner and make a video of your prank.
Human Contact Spreads Computer Viruses (April Fool Day Prank)The well respected PC Magazine published an article by 'A.C. Feafunnoll' on April Fool's Day 2005. It stated that: 'The federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and National Science Foundation (NSF) have issued a stunning joint announcement: PC viruses, worms, and spyware can now be transmitted via human contact. Researchers at St. Paul's College in Virginia have isolated roughly 100 cases of systems infected by human contact, the two agencies said at a press conference at NSF headquarters in Arlington, Virginia... One researcher, Avril Hidokwon, said she investigated a case where the Netsky.P virus spread to 10 systems by sneezing' The story then gave a link: 'For instructions on how you can decontaminate yourself and your PC and also avoid infection.' This URL took gullible readers to an April Fool announcement.
F-15 Plane Hoax
While this did not happen on April Fool's day, nevertheless this is an interesting hoax. Will has prepared a PowerPoint Presentation explaining this hoax.
Space shuttle Discovery lands at Montgomery Field, San DiegoFollowing the broadcast, thousands of locals, rushed towards the landing site. The result was traffic tailbacks of over 10 miles. See what else Dave Ricards said on April 1st 1993.
Piltdown ManHow could a part man, part ape skull fool so many for so long. This true story has the extra ingredient that no-one has conclusively solved who carried out the Joke. Investigate Piltdown Man yourself
Ten Funny, Interesting and Thought-Provoking "April Fool" Quotes
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. - Chinese Proverb
- If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings. - Welsh Proverb
- We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb
- Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools. - Irish Proverb
- Mix a little foolishness with your prudence: It's good to be silly at the right moment. - Horace [65 BC - 8 BC]
- It is human nature to think wisely and act foolishly. - Anatole France [1844 - 1924]
- The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes. - Winston Churchill
- What a fool does in the end, the wise do in the beginning. - Spanish Proverb
- For fools rush in where angels fear to tread. - Alexander Pope
- A fool may have his coat embroidered with gold, but it is a fool's coat still. - Antoine Rivarol
The French have their own idiosyncratic take on April Fool's day with Poisson d'Avril. You may have guessed that poisson means fish, and this theme is taken up by French schoolboys who pin paper fish on their classmates. It's not straightforward getting the Poisson d'Avril to stick on the victim's back. If you make a fish and sew on a safety pin it's not easy to get people to sit still while you unobtrusively attach the poisson. Velcro is good, but there never seems to be any around just when you need it. As is so often the case with April Fool's day, the precise derivation of Poisson d'Avril is both obscure and disputed. Perhaps it's just because fish are considered stupid and easy to catch. A more erudite origin of Poisson d'Avril claims that those born under the star sign Pisces (the fish) forget that their sign ends on March 20th. See more Poisson d'Avril jokes.
Advice on Getting Away With An April Fools Day PrankMost bosses have no sense of humour when it comes to April Fools Day, a recent survey of 500 executives found that 73% though April Fools jokes inappropriate in the office.
- It's best to target a whole group rather than single out an unfortunate individual.
- Pranks that tie-up the network server won't be well received, especially by the manager.
- Keep the hoax local, you don't want a video or email to go viral and turn up on the internet.
- Guiding principle, don't play a joke where you need to apologise later.