Earth Day Jokes

Amusing Pictures and Jokes for Earth Day April 22nd

Earth day

Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. Kenyan proverb

‘Eco Jokes’ – A Brand New Genre of Joke

Heard on BBC Radio 5 Live “Drive” programme.

‘I have an obsession with wind farms.’


‘Yes. I’m a huge fan.’

Earth Day Eco Jokes

  • Obviously, you can’t confess all your sins in one go but must separate bottle, paper, and plastic confessions.
  • The Reverend Martyn Hind, a parish priest, is to offer ‘eco-sinners’ the chance to confess in what is thought to be the first ‘green’ confessional booth.
  • Why are eco-warriors bad at playing cards? They like to avoid the flush.
  • Tom Cruise is about to sign up for a new, high-tech, eco-thriller: “Mission Compostable.”
  • 17 trees are saved by every ton of existing paper that is recycled. That means if we pulped every Harry Potter book we wouldn’t be able to see the sky for foliage.

Humor for Earth Day

Earth day cartoon

Bush Appreciates Global Warming

At a press conference, former President George W. Bush announced that he is surprised at how quickly global warming is happening.

Then one of his aides pulled him aside and explained that it was just the beginning of spring.


chicken credit crunch

Amusing Earth Anagrams

  • Global Warming is an anagram of: ‘Ball going warm’
  • The cause of global warming is an anagram of: ‘Foul gases gleam with carbon’
  • The greenhouse effect is an anagram of the ‘Huge trees offense’
earth day cow cartoon

For Sale: 100% Recycled Compost

An Environmentalist Dies –  Earth Day Joke

world council cartoon

An environmentalist dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, ‘Ah, you’re an environmentalist – you’re in the wrong place.’ Thinking that heaven could never make an error, the environmentalist reports to the gates of hell and is let in.

Pretty soon, the environmentalist gets dissatisfied with the environment in hell and starts implementing eco-friendly improvements. After a while, global warming, and air and water pollution are under control. The landscape is
covered with grass and plants, the food is organic and the people are happy. The environmentalist has become a pretty popular guy.

One day God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, ‘So, how’s it going down there in hell?’
Satan replies, ‘Hey, things are going great. We’ve clean air and water, the temperature is better and the food tastes better, and there’s no telling what this environmentalist is going to fix next.’

God replies, ‘What? You’ve got an environmentalist? That’s a mistake; he should never have gotten down there, send him up here.’

Satan says, ‘No way. I like having an environmentalist on the staff, and I’m keeping him.’

God says, ‘Send him back up here or I’ll sue.’

Satan laughs uproariously and answers, ‘Yeah, right. And just where are you going to get a lawyer?’

Top Ten Earth Day Fun Facts and Trivia

Did You Know?

  1. More than half the earth is at least 3000 meters under the sea – fact.
  2. ‘How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when clearly it is Ocean.’ – quote Arthur C. Clarke in 1990.
  3. Almost half the weight of the earth’s crust is accounted for by oxygen – fact.
  4. The Earth orbits the Sun at a speed of 66,700 mph [107,320 kph].
  5. The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.
  6. The Amazon rainforest produces more than 20% of the world’s oxygen supply.
  7. The oceans of the world would rise about 60 meters if Antarctica’s ice sheets melted.
  8. About 27 tons of dust rains down on the earth each day from space.
  9. Of all known forms of animal life ever to inhabit the Earth, only about 10% still exist today.
  10. Only 3% water of the earth is fresh, the remaining 97% is salted. Of that 3%; over 2% is frozen in ice sheets and glaciers. Meaning that less than 1% of fresh water is found in lakes, rivers, and underground.

More Earth Day Jokes and Funny Pictures

green smoke cartoon
earth day factory cartoon
eco friendly cartoon

Earth Day Origins


It was John McConnell back in 1969 who first proposed an Earth Day. The backdrop was the peace movement, hippies, and flower power. However, John McConnell was older, wiser, and more experienced than most of those calling to give peace a chance.  One of his earlier slogans was ‘Peace for Minute’, but in 1969 he put forward the idea of a holiday to celebrate the Earth’s life and beauty.

Cynics’ View of Earth Day

Summit cartoon

What if it’s a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?

Similar Posts