- 1 What Is Black Friday?
- 1.1 Black Friday Jokes and Funny Stories for Black Friday
- 1.2 Funny Story At the Shopping Mall
- 1.3 Another Tale from the Shopping Mall
- 1.4 Friday's Goddess - Freya
- 1.5 Classic Black Friday Joke
- 1.6 Good Deal for a Modern Freya
- 1.7 What Is Black Friday Shopping
- 1.8 Black Friday Wisecrack
- 1.9 Black Friday Shopping Humour
- 1.10 Famous Fridays
- 1.11 Friday 13th Superstitions
- 1.12 Only in America - Crazy Awards
What Is Black Friday?
While Thanksgiving is an official holiday, the day after is not. However, many workers take this Friday as a holiday making a nice four day weekend. Since 2000 this day has been labelled 'Black Friday' and has become one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
Black Friday Jokes and Funny Stories for Black Friday
- Funny Story At the Shopping Mall
- Another Tale from the Shopping Mall
- Famous Fridays
- Friday's Goddess - Freya
- What Is Cyber Monday Shopping
This is how to find your wife, even in the busiest shopping mall. Follow these four point instructions, the technique never fails.
- Have a look around at the shoppers, then walk up to the prettiest girl in the store.
- Say to her, 'Excuse me, can you help me? I cannot see my wife, and I know that she is here in the shopping mall somewhere.
Can you just talk to me for a couple of minutes?'
- The pretty girl will ask: 'Why?'
- You reply: 'Because every time I talk to a beautiful woman, my wife materialises out of thin air.'
Mason watched as a woman at the shopping mall shopped with a four-year-old girl. As they approached the sweet section the little girl asked for some liquorice sticks and her mother told her, 'No'. The little girl immediately began to whine and fuss. The mother said softly, 'Now Cindy, our shopping is going well, Don't be upset.........we'll soon be out of here.'
Presently, they came to the aisle where the ice cream was on offer and the little girl began to ask for an ice lolly. When told she couldn't
have one she began to cry. The mother said gently, 'There, there, Cindy, don't cry. Only two more aisles to go and then we'll be at the check out'.
When they got to the conveyer belt the little girl immediately began to demand sweets next to the checkout. Finally she threw a tantrum when her mother would not let her have any sweets. The mother, calmed her saying, 'Cindy, we'll be through this queue in two minutes and then we can go home and have a glass of squash and a nap.'
Mason followed them out to the car park and stopped the woman to compliment her on her child management.
'I couldn't help admiring how patient you were with little Cindy,' Mason said.
The mother turned and replied, 'Oh, no, I'm Cindy. My little girl's name is Dorothy.
Odin's wife was called Frigg (Freya). If you accept the Norse origins of the other days, then Fri day becomes a realistic derivation. Interestingly, the Romans also saw this day as female, as they named it after their goddess Venus. This Latin root remains in the French for Friday, Vendredi.
You will often see her wearing a robe of feathers, which enabled her to fly through the air like a bird.
Classic Black Friday Joke
Freya was driving home on Black Friday when she saw an elderly Apache woman walking along the side of the road outside Albuquerque, New Mexico. She stopped the car and asked the woman if she would like a lift?
With a silent nod, the woman climbed into the car. Freya tried in vain to make conversation with the Apache woman.
The old Apache looked closely at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a red gift bag on the seat next to Freya.
'What's in the bag?' asked the old woman.
'It's a bottle of gin that I got for my husband.'
The Apache woman was silent for another minute or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said, 'Good trade.'
On the East Coast of America the term 'Black Friday' can be traced back to the mid 1960s. Some say that 'Black Friday' refers to the pattern of pedestrian and vehicle traffic as seen from the air in cities
such as Philadelphia, others say it's the day in the year when many shops go from being in the red to going into profit or into the black.
Coincident with the advent of internet shopping, 'Black Friday' has gained a worldwide reputation for a spending bonanza and the time for stores to finalize their Christmas displays.
Try Before You Buy!
Myra was going to the Christmas office party but needed a new dress. In the store she asked, 'May I try on that dress in the window, please?'
'Certainly not, madam,' responded the salesgirl, 'You'll have to use the fitting room like everyone else.'
Black Friday Wisecrack
Picture this, it was just after Thanksgiving, and the judge was in a happy mood. He asked the prisoner who was in the dock, 'What are you charged with?'
The prisoner replied, 'Doing my Christmas shopping too early'.
'That's no crime', said the judge. 'Just how early were you doing this shopping?'
'Before the shop opened', answered the prisoner.
Black Friday Shopping Humour
- Good Friday - Easter.
- Black Friday - Follows Thanksgiving.
- Man Friday - Robinson Crusoe.
- 'Solah Shukravar Vrats' fasting for 16 consecutive Fridays.
Another related legend believed by many fishermen is: 'A Friday's sail, always fail.'
Friday 13th Superstitions
- It is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth story window on Friday. American Proverb
- Do you believe that getting married on a Friday brings bad luck ?Of course, why would Friday be an exception? Anon
- A legend believed by many fishermen is: 'A Friday's sail, always fail.'
- See more Friday 13th Superstitions.
Only in America - Crazy Awards
A man from Little Rock, Arkansas was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbour's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced-in yard, as was the man. The award was less
than sought because the jury felt that the man who, at the time, was shooting the animal repeatedly with a pellet gun might have provoked the dog.
Footnote: Please send us your funny Black Friday jokes.