There are a few dates that Will and Guy would like to clear up concerning Mother's Day. In the USA, Easter has nothing to do with fixing the date of Mother's Day, it's always the second Sunday in May for American mums - May 12th in 2013. The timing is different in the UK where Mothering Sunday is the third Sunday before Easter, this will be on the 10th of March in 2013.
- 1 Mother's Day Humour
- 2 Funny Jokes for Mother's Day
- 3 The Vocabulary of a Mother
- 4 Witty and Funny Mother's Day Jokes
- 5 More Mother's Day Humour
- 6 Dermot's Story
- 7 Two Quotations to Ponder
- 8 Ten Amusing One-Liners and Interesting Facts About Mothers
- 9 More Mother's Day Jokes
- 10 Lionhearted
- 11 The Stages Of Motherhood: Author Unknown [Will and Guy do not agree with all these sentiments]
- 12 A Mother of a Small Boy Says
- 13 Here Are Examples of 'Mother Knows Best', Kindly Sent in by Ephraim Kahana
- 14 Subject: What My Mother Taught Me
- 15 Mother's Day and Mothers' Day - No Joke!
- 16 See more special day events:
Mother's Day Humour
- Funny Jokes for Mother's Day
- The Vocabulary Of A Mother
- The Mummy Test
- The Stages of Motherhood
- Origins of Mother's Day
- Mothering Sunday Stories
- Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the children would care to order a dessert.
- Feedback: The inevitable result when the baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.
- Full Name: What you call your child when you're angry with him.
- Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.
- Independent: How we want our children to be for as long as they do everything we say.
- Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into.
- Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
- Whodunit: None of the children who live in your house.
- Bottle-feeding: An opportunity for Daddy to get up at 2 am. See Father's Day jokes.
More Mother's Day HumourOver the centuries mothers have given their children plenty of good advice; here are some examples which Will and Guy find quite amusing. COLUMBUS'S MOTHER: I don't care what you've discovered, Christopher. You could have written. MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER: Mike, can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling? NAPOLEON'S MOTHER: All right, Napoleon. If you aren't hiding your report card inside your jacket, then take your hand out of there and prove it. GOLDILOCKS'S MOTHER: I've got a bill here for a broken chair from the Bear family. Do you know anything about this Goldie? ALBERT EINSTEIN'S MOTHER: But, Albert, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something...? THOMAS EDISON'S MOTHER: Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed! HUMPTY DUMPTY'S MOTHER: Humpty, If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times not to sit on that wall. But would you listen to me? No! See International Women's Day 8th March.
Dermot's StoryDermot McCann forgot his lines in a Sunday school play. Luckily his is mother was in the front row especially to prompt him. She gestured and formed the words silently with her lips, but it did not help. Dermot's memory was completely blank. Finally, she leaned forward and whispered the cue, 'I am the light of the world.' Dermot beamed and with great feeling and a loud clear voice announced, 'My mother is the light of the world.'
Two Quotations to PonderI want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them. - Phyllis Diller All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. - Oscar Wilde
- I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids.
- 80.5 million are the number of mothers of all ages in the USA.
- 81% of women between 40 and 44 are mothers.
- Women expect to have 2 children in their lifetime.
- Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life.
- Parents often talk about the younger generations as if they didn't have anything to do with it.
- A mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. - Peter De Vries
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. - A Jewish Proverb
- There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. - Chinese Proverb
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. - Irish Proverb
More Mother's Day JokesSee more Mother-in-law jokes
- A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house, 4 inches deep.
- A 3-year old boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
- When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh' , it's already too late.
- Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
- A six-year old boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
- Certain Lego'swill pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
- Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
- Super glue is forever.
- No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
- Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
- Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
- Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
- You probably DO NOT want to know what that odour is.
- The fire department in Austin, Texas has a 5-minute response time.
- The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
- It will, however, make cats dizzy.
- Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
- 80% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
- Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without permission.
Here Are Examples of 'Mother Knows Best', Kindly Sent in by Ephraim Kahana
- My mother taught me RELIGION. "You'd better pray that will come out of the carpet."
- My mother taught me TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
- My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
- My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
- My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
- My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
- My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
- My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."
- My mother taught me about RECEIVING. "You are going to get it when you get home!"
- My mother taught me HUMOUR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
- My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
- My mother taught me about JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you".
Mother's Day and Mothers' Day - No Joke!Regarding the use of the apostrophe, our logic is that we remember one's mother, thus Mother's Day. In British English, as opposed to American English, it's also possible for a group of people to celebrate their Mothers' Day. While this usage of the apostrophe is grammatically correct in England, it's not in common usage.
See Mother's Day stories �Footnote: Please send us your Mother's Day jokes and funny stories.