Unlike Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, white reindeer really do exist in
- White Christmas Reindeer
- Pictures of White Reindeer
- Pictures of Bambi Reindeer
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Funny Pictures of Reindeer
White Christmas Reindeer
- White Reindeer are just variation of brown reindeer, just as you get
white cats, or white dogs.
- The key to true albino reindeer is the eyes; albinos have pink eyes,
'ordinary' white reindeer have brown eyes.
- Reindeer in North America are called caribou.
- They are the only deer in which both genders have antlers.
- Reindeer have broad, flat feet with deeply cleft hooves making it
easier for them to walk in the snow.
- They are excellent swimmers and their 'thermal' coats act like
- Reindeer live predominantly in Northern Asia, Europe, Siberia,
Alaska, Canada and Greenland. In Alaska and Canada, they particularly
inhabit forests and the tundra.
- Reindeer live in the tundra in the summer and migrate in the autumn
[fall] when they move south.
- The Reindeer's thick coat is water-proof. Reindeer live in cold
places because in warmer climates they will lose their coats.
- They eat grass, lichens and plants; they need to eat twelve pounds
of food a day. If their plants are covered with snow they will shovel or
dig with their hoofs.
- Reindeer's enemies are wolves, coyotes and bear which might prey on
the new born because they are weaker.
Reindeer may live for some 15
years. The main problem to their health is road traffic: in Finland, for
example, more than 4,000 reindeer are run over each year by cars.
- Laplanders keep reindeer as pets. They also use reindeer for milk,
clothing and meat.
- Reindeer are gregarious animals and enjoy the company of the
See more about White
More Pictures of White Reindeer
Dreaming of a White Christmas?
Startled White Reindeer
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
A Russian couple were strolling down the street in Moscow, when the
husband felt a drop hit his nose. 'I think it's starting to rain,' he said
to his wife.
'I don't think so, it felt more like snow to me,' she replied.
'No, I'm sure it was just rain, he said.' Well, as these things go, they
were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing.
Just then they saw a minor communist party official walking toward them.
'Let's not fight about it,' the man said, 'let's ask Comrade Rudolph whether
it's officially raining or snowing.'
As the official approached, the husband stopped him and asked, 'Tell us,
Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?'
'It's raining, of course,' he answered and walked on. But the woman
insisted: 'I know that felt like snow!' To which the man quietly replied:
'Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear!'
See more on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Brown Reindeer with White Coats
Brown Reindeer With White Beards!
Please send us your pictures of
See more funny reindeer pictures. Also Santa jokes and
∗ Funny reindeer
Rudolph red-nose ∗
White reindeer ∗
∗ Santa Claus
∗ Father Christmas
∗ Santa cartoons ∗ Santa Banta jokes
∗ Funny polar bear
∗ Snow pictures ∗ Funny snowmen
∗ Snowman jokes