Here is Will and Guy's collection of jokes and funny facts to celebrate Pi
(Pie!) Day on March 14th.
- The Original Pi Day Joke
- Drôle Pi Day Jokes
- Will and Guy's Fun
Facts About Pi
- Drôle Pi Day Jokes
- Pi Day with Dilbert
When the Liberty Bell was forged, the Philadelphia city council
decided to celebrate the inauguration by holding a pie baking contest.
There were to be two categories: the best "bell" shaped pie and the best
Competition was hot but all was well in the end when a local, and
popular nun, named Theresa, from the local community, won the
competition with a superb vegetable pie.
Everyone knows that
Mother Theresa Wins The No Bell Peas Prize.
Mathematicians even tell Pi Jokes on Pi Day. You will quickly realise
from the "Pi jokes" below, lovers of Pi may be far better at Maths than at
- What do you get when you cut a Jack O'Lantern by its diameter? =
- What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
circumference by its diameter? = Moon Pi.
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
by its diameter? = Pi in the sky.
- Mathematician says: 'Pi r squared.' The baker replies: 'No! Pies are
round, cakes are square.'
- See more funny maths
- Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March
- Pi = 3.1415926535...... recurring.
- Pi, Greek letter [ ], is the symbol for the ratio of the
circumference of a circle to its diameter.
- Using computers, Pi has been calculated to over 1 trillion digits
past the decimal.
- Pi is an irrational and transcendental number meaning it will
continue infinitely without repeating.
- The symbol for pi was first used in 1706 by William Jones, but was
popular after it was adopted by the Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler
- See also World Maths Day.
- Akira Haraguchi from Japan is able to recite the number Pi from
memory to 83,431 places and holds the world record.
- The storage capacity of the brain is virtually limitless. The
estimated number of patterns nerve cells could form is 1 followed by 800
- Goldfish are able to retain some memories for up to 3 months.
- The elephant has the longest memory of any member of the animal
kingdom. They are able to remember where other elephants have died.
- Ben Pridmore form Derby, England, is the world memory champion. He
has memorised the order of a shuffled deck of playing cards in 24.68
- Mahan Dulai, aged 11  is the UK's junior memory champion. He
can remember 31 numbers, 40 faces and 44 random words in 5 minutes.
- Your brain runs on 12 watts of power; less than is used by a
- The average person is believed to have 70,000 thoughts a day.
- The Sinclair ZX81 computer, which went on sale some 30 years ago
had a 1KB memory. You would need 50,000 of them to run iTune
- The novel written by Marcel Proust, "Remembrance of Things Past" is
the most famous literary exploration of the role of memory in a person's
Will and Guy's Vague History of Pi Day
- Larry Shaw created Pi Day in 1989. The holiday was celebrated at the
San Francisco Exploratorium, with staff and public marching around one
of its circular spaces, then consuming fruit pies. The Exploratorium
continues to hold Pi Day celebrations.
- On Pi Day 2004, Daniel Tammet
recited 22,514 decimal digits of π.
- On March 12th , 2009, the USA House of Representatives passed a
non-binding resolution recognizing March 14th, 2009, as National Pi Day.
- For Pi Day 2010, Google presented a Google Doodle celebrating the
holiday, with the word Google laid over images of circles and pi
There once was a girl who loved pi
I never could quite fathom why
To her it's a wonder
To me just a number
Its beauty revealed by and
A Slow Burning Pi Joke
Please send us your funny Pi Day jokes and
See more Saints Days and other special days in
• Australia Day •
Groundhog Day •
Shrove Tue •
Special Days •
St David's Day •
Charles Dickens •
St George's Day •
Cherry blossom day •
May Day •
Special day today •
St Patrick's Day •