- Classic Shaggy Dog Story from Nottingham, England
- True Shaggy Dog Story from Australia
- A Shaggy Dog Story from the Atlanta Daily
- Funny Shaggy Dog Joke from New York
- Dog Ice-cream
- Which Dogs Are the Cleverest?
- More Funny Yet True Shaggy Dog Stories
After Cat Fish - We Bring You Dog Fish!
Ice Cream Van Opens in London ....... For dogsAn ice cream van for pampered pooches is opening in London, with bizarre icy flavours including gammon and chicken. Scientists created the ice cream treats to be ideal for doggy tastes by finding the perfect combination of temperature, texture and taste for them Will and Guy can reveal. See more about ice cream for dogs - Is it true or false?
World's Oldest Dog Turns 26Max, the world's most amazing pooch has celebrated his 26th birthday. Max, (picture to the right), has a veterinary birth certificate to prove his age and is awaiting official confirmation from Guinness World Records. In dog years the terrier-cross is 182, the equivalent of being born in 1827 which Will and Guy find absolutely amazing. He lives in Louisiana, USA. Max is still in fine health and only suffers from mild arthritis and some cataracts. Janelle and Billy, his owners, bought Max from a local sugar cane farmer in 1983. 'He was the only one in the litter that was brown and I liked the colour so I took him home,' Janelle informed this site.
Dogs as Intelligent as Two-year-old Children Claims ProfessorMy IQ is bigger than yours. A shaggy dog story put about by collies? No; border collies such as Sampson have their claims to superior intelligence backed up by Professor Coren's research. Here is a picture of Sampson, winner of Britain's Most Talented Pet: Researchers have found that dogs are capable of understanding up to 250 words and gestures, can count up to five and can perform simple mathematical calculations. Using tests originally designed to demonstrate the development of language, pre-language and basic arithmetic in human children, the researchers were able to show that the average dog is far more intelligent than they are given credit for. 'The average dog is about as bright linguistically as a human two-year-old,' said Professor Stanley Coren, a leading expert on canine intelligence at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver who has carried out the work.
Classic Shaggy Dog Story - No Dogs Involved!Take a good look at this man's mug shot then read the paragraph underneath. A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man (see above) who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner. The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, 'If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?' No, I had to stop drinking years ago, 'the homeless man replied. 'Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?' the man asked.' No, I don't waste time fishing, 'the homeless man said. 'I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive.' 'Will you spend this on greens fees at a golf course instead of food?' the man asked. 'Are you NUTS!' replied the homeless man. 'I haven't played golf in 20 years!' 'Will you spend the money on a woman in the red light district instead of food?' the man asked.' What disease would I get for ten lousy bucks?' exclaimed the homeless man. 'Well, 'said the man, 'I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife.' The homeless man was astounded.' Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting.' The man replied, 'That's okay. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up beer, fishing, golf, and women.'
A Clever, Funny, Shaggy Doggy Wedding StoryOnce upon a time, Clara and Jenny were talking when Clara asks Jenny how many times she's been married, and the reply was 4. 'Four times!' exclaims Clara, 'why so many?' So Jenny replies, 'Well, I first got married when I was very young, and I married this wonderful man who was a banker. However, one day just a few weeks after we were married, his bank was robbed and he was shot and killed.' 'Oh my word, that's terrible,' Clara said. 'Well, it wasn't that tragic. Soon after that, I started seeing another man who performed in the circus. He was really a great guy, but he lived pretty dangerously because he performed his high-wire act without a net. Well, a few weeks after we got married, he was performing a show and suddenly a gust of wind came by and knocked him off his wire and he was killed.' 'Your second husband was killed too? That's horrible.' 'Yes, it was terrible, but at the funeral I fell in love with the minister and we got married soon after that. Unfortunately, one Sunday while he was walking to church, he was hit by a car and killed.' 'Three? Three husbands of yours were killed? How could you live through all that?' 'It was pretty tough, but then I met my present husband. And he's a wonderful man. I think we'll live a long happy life together.' 'And what does your present husband do for a living?' Clara enquires. 'He's a mortician,' responds Jenny. 'A mortician? I don't understand something here. First you marry a banker, then a circus performer, then a minister, and now a mortician? Can you explain such a diverse grouping of husbands?' 'Well, if you think about it it's not too hard to understand..........Well it's One for the money... Two for the show... Three to get ready... And four to go ........
- Border Collie
- German Shepherd
- Golden Retriever
- Doberman Pinscher
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Labrador Retriever
- Australian Cattle Dog
- Afghan Hound
- Chow Chow
- Basset Hound
Ten Witty Shaggy Dog Quotations that We Like
- Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx
- No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. Christopher Morley
- When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem. Edward Abbey
- Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives. Sue Murphy
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
- The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney
- I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. Rita Rudner
- I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves. August Strindberg
- If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons. James Thurber
- If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. Mark Twain
1. Dog and Otter Become Unlikely Best FriendsIn one of the strangest relationships in the animal kingdom, a pair of dogs and an otter have become best friends after the otter was hit by a car in Pine Harbour, USA. Enjoying rough and tumble in these heart-warming picture, the trio became inseparable after the little black otter, known as, believe it or not, Ottie, was hit by a car. The wounded 18-month old male was taken to the Sanctuary on the Sapelo in Pine Harbour, Georgia, USA; a wildlife sanctuary caring for injured animals, where he made a full recovery. During his rehabilitation, which took several weeks, he became friends with Donor, an 11-month-old female bloodhound and Chelsea, a 13-month-old female Golden Retriever. Both dogs are residents at the independent wildlife reserve, where the animals forged their unusual friendship.
2. Dog Who Believes he is a CatChippy, a dog who developed an identity crisis after sharing a home with 40 cats, is being offered for adoption by the Cats Protection League as an "honorary" feline. Vets believe that Chippy, a Jack Russell terrier, is aged between 13 and 15 years old and that he never learned how to be a dog after spending his life around cats, the charity in Stroud, Gloucestershire, England, believes. Will and Guy have been informed that he sleeps beside his best friend, a black female cat called Annie, and uses the litter tray. He also rarely barks. Apparently, Annie is extremely protective towards Chippy. He now eats dog food but carers are unsure what he ate prior to this. In looking for a home in which to place Chippy, we have been told a quiet abode is being sought because of Chippy's age.
Joke of the Day Email
Get a clean joke delivered to your inbox every day, no strings attached, just part of our service. Free subscription to our Funny Joke of the Day email.
We have over 1,500 pages of funny pictures, clean jokes, stories and amusing videos. Please use the Search below to find a topic of particular interest:
Thought of the Day Subscription
Our offer is to email you an inspirational 'Thought of the day'. Your subscription is completely free of cost and there are no adverts. Sign up for our 'Thought of the Day'.