Crime does not pay ... as well as politics. Alfred E. Newman.
Incidentally, at first I thought this picture was of a man holding a ventriloquists dummy, not a politician kissing a baby.
- Funny Political Jokes
Surprising Funny Political Jokes from Famous People
- More Funny
Political Jokes and One-liners
- Tory or Labour? - Political Cats
- Funny Economic Jokes
- 'The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.'Will Rogers
- 'In archaeology you uncover the unknown. In diplomacy you cover the known.'Thomas Pickering
- I believe that
people would be alive today if there were a death penalty.
- When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'Theodore Roosevelt (Could have been any number of presidents since)
- Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and
there is some evidence that they can't read them either.
- On my arrival in the United States I was struck by the degree of ability among the governed and the lack of it among the governing.'
Alexis de Toqueville
- 'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy'.Ernest Benn
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities
in our air and water that are doing it."
Al Gore, Vice President
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and
Another Dan Quayle quote:
"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
More Regular Political Jokes
no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you'.
- 'Politicians make strange bedfellows, but they all share the same bunk'.Edgar A. Shoaff
- 'You can fool all of the people all of the time if
the advertising is right and the budget is big enough.'Joseph Levine
- Will and Guy think that this is the best website for the latest
- 'Politicians are the same all over. They
promise to build bridges, even where there are no rivers'.Nikita Kruschchev
- 'Artificial hearts are nothing new. Politicians have had them for years.'Mack McGinnis
vote. You'll only encourage them.
- 'Although he is regularly asked to do so, God does not take sides in American politics.'George Mitchell.
- A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things
to be bought and sold are legislators. PJ O'Rourke
- Crime does not pay ... as well as politics.
Alfred E. Newman
- See more funny politician jokes
telephone is an amazing invention but who would want to use one of them?'
American President, Rutherford Hayes 1876.
electric light bulb is good enough for our transatlantic friends, but unworthy
of practical of scientific or practical men'. British Parliamentary society set up to investigate electric lighting in 1878.
'X-rays are a hoax'.
Lord Kelvin, president of the Royal Society in 1900.
10 Downing Street* is one of the most heavily protected buildings in
Apart from the "decorative" policeman, the front door cannot be opened at
all from the outside because it has no handle, and no one can enter the
building without passing through an airport-style scanner and a set of
security gates manned by armed guards.
Despite this, Will and Guy have heard that in the first five years after
Tony Blair became Prime Minister [1997 -2002], 37 computers, 4 mobile
phones, two cameras, a mini-disc player, a video recorder, four printers,
two projectors and a bicycle were stolen from inside the house.
*Number 10 Downing Street, in London, is the residence and office of the
First Lord of the Treasury and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Political Comment - 'Politician-speak'
In Mexico an air conditioner is called a politician because it makes a
lot of noise but doesn't work very well. - Len Deighton
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be
changed regularly and for the same reason. - Unknown
What Do You Know? How Much Is A Billion?
Will and Guy are fascinated with
the easy way in which politicians regularly and often throw out the number:
"billion" in interviews and conversations. How much is it? What does it mean
to us all?
The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion"
casually think about whether you do, or don't, want that politician spending
your tax money.
- A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but an
advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure in perspective for
us all in one of its releases:
- A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.
- A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.
- A billion hours ago, our
ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
billion dollars ago, was only 8 hours and 20 minutes at the rate Washington
spends our money.
A nationwide poll held in the UK was commissioned by 'UKTV History' to mark
the publication of the political journalist and commentator Andrew Marr's
History of Modern Britain. Almost 3,000 people were asked for their opinion.
Will and Guy show below the top ten results. We guess that
you will find them amusing, funny, in part hilarious and sometimes quite
strange; in fact, exactly like our politicians.
1) Boris Johnson [Elected Mayor of London in 2008]: 'I have as much chance of
becoming Prime Minister as being decapitated by a Frisbee or of finding Elvis.'
2) John Prescott [Former Deputy-Prime Minister]: 'The Green Belt is a Labour
initiative and we intend to build on it.'
3) Harriet Harman [Cabinet Minister]: 'Tony Banks described the English fans
arrested in Marseilles as brain-dead louts - that goes for me as well.'
4) Robin Cook [Former Foreign Secretary]: 'They found more dangerous chemicals
in Coca-Cola's Dasani mineral water than they did in the whole of Iraq.'
5) Harold Macmillan [Former Prime Minister]: 'It has been said that there is no
fool like an old fool, except a young fool. But the young fool has first to grow
up to be an old fool to realise what a damn fool he was when he was a young
6) Boris Johnson: 'Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly
legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most
jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening.'
7) Margaret Thatcher: 'I am extraordinarily patient,
provided I get my own way in the end.'
8) Michael Howard [former Cabinet Minister]: 'You are the deals-on-wheels Prime
Minister - no wonder the Chancellor is not a happy eater!'
9) David Blunkett David is supposed to be a sad, lonely, old, blind b*****.
David's not meant to have fun or go to nice restaurants or - heaven forbid -
10) Edward Heath [1970's Prime Minister]: 'Do you know what Margaret Thatcher
did in her first Budget? Introduced VAT on yachts! It somewhat ruined my
Will and Guy think that this is the best website for the latest
Please write to Will and Guy if you have any funny political jokes.
See more funny politicians, clean political jokes, stories and videos:
• Funny political jokes
• Funny politician jokes •
Funny political systems
• Funny Bush moments - Bushisms
• Rice, Bush and Hu •