- 1 1) Otter carrying the ball - No easy feat
- 2 2) Otter on his back, holding the ball
- 3 3) Otter just having fun
- 4 4) Picture of Otter showing off his ball skills
- 5 Play the otter video and see our skilful friend in action.
- 6 Otter Video
- 7 Seven Interesting Otter Facts
- 8 Otter Natural History
- 9 Otter Voting!
- 10 See more aquatic mammals
1) Otter carrying the ball - No easy featHere is an amazing juggler. It's rare to see an otter, never mind one who can juggle.
2) Otter on his back, holding the ball
3) Otter just having fun
4) Picture of Otter showing off his ball skills
Play the otter video and see our skilful friend in action.N.B. With some browsers you need to click twice on the Play arrow to start the video. N.B. Help for Mozilla browsers
- The average otter can hold their breath for 7 minutes.
- Otter have specially adapted lens, which enables them to focus underwater. Have you tried opening your eyes underwater? What a difference a pair of goggles makes. They also have skin flaps to help them keep out the water when they dive to depths of around 30ft.
- There are interesting and unusual names associated with otters, for example their lair is a 'Holt' and a family of Otters are known as a 'Romp'. A bunch floating in a group is called a 'Raft otters'.
- As with humans, old otters have white whiskers.
- Those that study otters say that they carry around the same stone. Moreover, they are one of only a few tool-using mammals.
- You may think that they keep warm with blubber like seals, but no, otters insulate themselves against the cold with hair.
- Another interesting otter fact is that they have slightly webbed feet, which makes them easy to track. See more otter facts