- 1 Food Jokes on this Page
- 2 Whole Pages of Funny Food Items
- 3 Biscuit Tin Fight
- 4 Biscuit City View
- 5 Funny Food Jokes
- 6 House-Husband Cooking?
- 7 A Generous Diet
- 8 Well Done?
- 9 Eating Out
- 10 Amusing Dieting Yarns
- 11 So Hungry I could Eat the Plate
- 12 Diet Shorts
- 13 Half A Diet is Better than No Diet at All
- 14 Green Credentials
- 15 Funny Food and Diet Trivia
- 16 Comical Food for Thought
- 17 Will Was Told This Joke by His Wife's 98 year Old Aunt Cis
- 18 Food Signs
- 19 Funny Food Joke Items on Menus
- 20 Pigeon's Milk
- 21 Real Life at Drive-thru Burger Bars
- 22 Will and Guy's Philosophy
- 23 See more artistic pictures, amusing articles and funny jokes
Food Jokes on this Page
Whole Pages of Funny Food Items
- Barbecue Jokes and Stories
- Biscuit Jokes
- Biscuit City
- Chili Taster Yarn
- Chinese Food Stories
- Chocolate Fun Facts
- Chocolate Test
- Cooking Jokes
- Cormorant Recipe
- Food Cans
- Egg Tattoo
- Fitness Workout
- Food for Thought Amusing Pics
- Food Values
- Funny Cake Toppers
- Funny Diet
- Funny Food Stories
- Giant Burgers Pictures and Stories
- Ingliz Menuyu - Strange Cuisine
- Potato: Couch Variety
- Pumpkins Pictures
- Pancake Jokes - (Shrove Tuesday)
- See also our Drink Section
Biscuit City View
A Generous DietNeeding to shed a few pounds, Robert, and his wife Jennifer, went on a diet that had specific recipes for each meal of the day. They followed the instructions extremely closely, dividing the finished recipe in half for their individual portions. Robert and Jennifer felt terrific and thought the diet was wonderful; they had never felt better, nor did they ever feel hungry. As time progressed, Robert and Jennifer realized that they were, in fact, putting on weight and not losing it. They decided that they ought to check the detail of the recipes just one more time. It was then that they found their error. There, in small print, Robert and Jennifer saw, to their horror: 'Serves 6'.
Well Done?Kevin was furious when his steak arrived cooked too rare. 'Waiter,' Kevin shouted, 'Didn't you hear me say "well done"?' 'Of course I did, sir, I can't thank you enough, sir,' replied the waiter. 'I hardly ever get a compliment.'
Eating OutLast week, Alex and Ann went to a restaurant for dinner in Albert Road, Southsea. They scanned the menu, then promptly ordered two steaks. The waiter duly brought the steaks with fries and salad. Alex quickly picked out the bigger steak for himself Ann was decidedly unhappy about that, 'When are you going to learn to be polite, Alex?' she complained. Alex responded by asking, 'If you had the chance to pick first, which one would you pick?' 'The smaller piece, of course,' replied Ann. 'Then what are you whining about then? The smaller piece is what you want, right?' Alex concluded.
So Hungry I could Eat the PlateChen Liang-erh, 50, an amateur inventor living in Taipei, Taiwan has perfected an edible plate. It is made from wheat grain, and he plans to mass-produce it with other edible crockery including cups, bowls and food containers. Will and Guy are aware that he argues that hungry diners, tempted to lick a plate after a delicious meal, can now go a step further and demolish the whole lot. Sadly, we have learned, the plates have the taste of unsalted popcorn - not exactly an exciting culinary delight. In his favour Chen says the crockery can be boiled and will provide a nutritious meal for your pet. Lovely. See more funny diet jokes
Diet ShortsThe best way to lose weight is by skipping ..... snacks and dessert. One guideline applies to fat and thin people alike: if you're thin, don't eat fast. If you're fat, don't eat - FAST. Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.......... A women's group was discussing diet tips. When it was mentioned that getting enough exercise and sleep were just as important as watching food intake, one woman responded with surprise that sleep was a factor. Another replied, 'Of course sleep is a factor. The only time I'm not eating is when I'm sleeping.' One of life's mysteries is how a two-pound box of candy can make a woman gain five pounds. The only exercise I get is jumping to conclusions. See our fitness workout.
Half A Diet is Better than No Diet at AllGenevieve belongs to our Diet Club and she was lamenting that she had gained weight. She told us that she had made her family's favourite and luscious cake over the weekend, and added that they'd eaten half of it at dinner that evening. The next day, Genevieve continued, she kept staring at the other half, until finally she cut a thin slice for herself. One slice led to another, and soon the whole cake had vanished. She went on to tell us how upset she was with her lack of willpower, and how she knew her husband would be so disappointed. Everyone commiserated, until someone asked what her husband said when he found out. Genevieve smiled broadly and quipped, 'He never found out. I made another cake and ate half of that too.'
Green CredentialsMy friend Ben is well known for his rather 'in-your-face' eco-friendly and green credentials. We were eating at a Chinese restaurant in the High Street when an elderly waiter set chopsticks at our places. Ben made a point of reaching into her purse and pulling out her own pair with a flourish. 'As a keen environmentalist*,' Ben declared loudly to no-one in particular, 'I do not approve of destroying bamboo forests for throwaway utensils.' The waiter inspected his chopsticks. 'Ah lovely, very beautiful,' he said politely. 'Ivory.' *Fact: China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year. 25 million trees are chopped down to make them!
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible
- To make one kilo of honey bees have to visit 4 million flowers, travelling a distance equal to 4 times around the earth
- An ounce of chocolate contains about 20 mg of caffeine There are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes
- Each American eats approximately 22 pounds of tomatoes yearly. Over ½ of the tomato consumption is in the form of catsup and sauce
- Peanuts are used in the manufacture of dynamite
- A family of four could live for 10 years from the bread produced by one acre of wheat
- The world's oldest piece of chewing gum is approximately 9000 years old
- Half of the world's population live on a staple diet of rice
- Tea is said to have been discovered in 2737 BC by a Chinese emperor when some tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water: See Mountain Trail
- 1.5 billion cups of tea are enjoyed throughout the world every day
- In France, people eat approximately 500,000,000 snails per year
- Approximately one billion snails are served in restaurants annually
- Over 90% of all fish caught are caught in the northern hemisphere
- 75% of fish caught are eaten - the rest is used to make things such as glue, soap, margarine and fertilizer
- Over the last 40 years food production actually increased faster than population
- The average person eats almost 1500 lbs of food in a year
- Carrots have zero fat content
- Carrots were first cultivated in Afghanistan in the 7th century, and they started with yellow flesh and a purple exterior
- Chocolate is the number one foodstuff flavour in the world, beating both vanilla and banana
- Native Americans never actually ate turkey; killing such a timid bird was thought to indicate laziness. See:Turkeys or equivalent
- The amount of pizza eaten each day in the USA measures between 75 -100 acres.
- Found on the seal of a bag of bagels: New and Improved - Made the old fashioned way
- Sign in restaurant window: Eat now - Pay waiter.
- Sign outside a cafe: "Now Serving Food". (It makes one wonder what they used to serve.)
- Dieting is the triumph of mind over platter.
- Cold shredded children and sea blubber in spicy sauce - China
- Indonesian Nazi Goreng - Hong Kong
- Muscles Of Marines and Lobster Thermos - Cairo
- French fried ships - Cairo
- Garlic Coffee - Europe
- Sole Bonne Femme (Fish Landlady style) - Europe
- Boiled Frogfish - Europe
- Sweat from the trolley - Europe
- Dreaded veal cutlet with potatoes in cream - China
- Rainbow Trout, Fillet Streak, Popotoes, Chocolate Mouse - Hong Kong
- Roasted duck let loose - Poland
- Beef rashers beaten up in the country peoples fashion - Poland
- Fried friendship - Nepal
- Strawberry crap - Japan
- Pork with fresh garbage - Vietnam
- Toes with butter and jam - Bali
- French Creeps - Los Angeles
- Fried fishermen - Japan
- Teppan Yaki - Before Your Cooked Right Eyes - Japan
- Pepelea's Meat Balls - Romania
Pigeon's MilkPigeon's milk is one of the desserts on offer at a Latvian restaurant. Also on the menu is a main course of 'grilled surgeon'. Here are more funny food examples:
- Thai hotel told guests: 'do not bring solicitors into your room'.
- A Polish restaurant offers: "roasted duck let loose, beef rashers beaten in the country people's fashion".
- While a Japanese public bath warned guests: 'not to pull cock in tub'.