- 1 Amusing Pictures and Jokes for
Earth Day April 22nd
- 1.1 Earth DayJokes
- 1.2 'Eco Jokes' - A Brand New Genre of Joke
- 1.3 Earth Day Eco Jokes
- 1.4 Humour for Earth Day
- 1.5 Bush Appreciates Global Warming
- 1.6 Self-sufficiency
- 1.7 Amusing Earth Anagrams
- 1.8 An Environmentalist Dies - Earth Day Joke
- 1.9 Top Ten Earth Day Fun Facts and Trivia
- 1.10 More Earth Day Jokes and Funny Pictures
- 1.11 Earth Day Origins
- 1.12 Earth Day Flags
- 1.13 Cynics View of Earth Day
- 1.14 See more about our planet earth:
Amusing Pictures and Jokes for
Earth Day April 22nd
Treat the Earth well.
It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your
- 'Eco Jokes'
- Eco Jokes for Earth Day
Environmentalist Dies - Earth Day Joke
- Earth Day Funny
- When is Earth Day?
Heard on BBC Radio 5 Live "Drive" programme.
'I have an obsession with wind farms.'
'Yes. I'm a huge fan.'
- Obviously you can't confess all your sins in one go but must
separate bottle, paper and plastic confessions.
- The Reverend Martyn Hind, parish priest, is to offer 'eco-sinners'
the chance to confess in what is thought to be the first 'green'
- Why are Eco warriors bad at playing cards?
They like to avoid
- Tom Cruise is about to sign up to a new, high-tech, eco thriller:
- 17 trees are saved by every ton of existing paper that is recycled.
That means if we pulped every Harry Potter book we wouldn't be able to
see the sky for foliage.
Bush Appreciates Global Warming
At a press conference, former President George W. Bush announced that he
is surprised at how quickly global warming is happening.
Then one of his aides pulled him aside and explained that it was just the
beginning of spring.
Amusing Earth Anagrams
- Global Warming is an anagram of:
'Ball going warm'
- The causes of global warming is an anagram of:
'Foul gases gleam
- Greenhouse effect is an anagram of:
'Huge trees offence'
For Sale: 100% Recycled Compost
An environmentalist dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter
checks his dossier and says, 'Ah, you're an environmentalist - you're in the
wrong place.' Thinking that heaven could never make an error, the
environmentalist reports to the gates of hell and is let in.
Pretty soon, the environmentalist gets dissatisfied with the environment
in hell, and starts implementing eco-friendly improvements. After a while,
global warming, air and water pollution are under control. The landscape is
covered with grass and plants, the food is organic and the people are happy.
The environmentalist has become a pretty popular guy.
One day God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, 'So,
how's it going down there in hell?'
Satan replies, 'Hey, things are
going great. We've clean air and water, the temperature is better and the
food tastes better, and there's no telling what this environmentalist is
going to fix next.'
God replies, 'What? You've got an environmentalist? That's a mistake; he
should never have gotten down there, send him up here.'
Satan says, 'No way. I like having an environmentalist on the staff, and
I'm keeping him.'
God says, 'Send him back up here or I'll sue.'
Satan laughs uproariously and answers, 'Yeah, right. And just where are you
going to get a lawyer?'
Top Ten Earth Day Fun Facts and Trivia
Did You Know?
- More than half the earth is at least 3000 metres under the sea -
- 'How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when clearly it is
Ocean.' - quote Arthur C. Clarke in 1990.
- Almost half the weight of the earth's crust is accounted for by
oxygen - fact.
- The Earth orbits the Sun at a speed of 66,700 mph [107,320 kph].
- The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.
- The Amazon rainforest produces more than 20% the world's oxygen
- The oceans of the world would rise about 60 meters if Antarctica's
ice sheets melted.
- About 27 tons of dust rains down on the earth each day from space.
- Of all known forms of animals life ever to inhabit the Earth, only
about 10% still exist today.
- Only 3% water of the earth is fresh, the remaining 97% is salted. Of
that 3%; over 2% is frozen in ice sheets and glaciers. Meaning that less
than 1% of fresh water is found in lakes, rivers and underground.
It was John McConnell back in 1969 who first proposed an Earth Day.
The backdrop was the peace movement, hippies and flower power.
However, John McConnell was older, wiser and more experienced than most of
those calling for give peace a chance. One of his earlier slogans was
'Peace for Minute', but in 1969 he put forward the idea a holiday to
celebrate the Earth's life and beauty.
Rarely can a movement have spawned so many different flags in such a
- Above we have the famous life magazine image of our planet from space.
- Here to the right we have the Greek letter theta, suitably drawn in green
because theta is a symbol of peace.
- We even have an Earth Day flag.
What if it's a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?
Please send us your Earth Day jokes,
cartoons and amusing stories.