Will and Guy's favourite Witticisms
The only reason you get wiser as you get older is because you don't make the same stupid mistake twice.
- Pure Witticisms
- Witticisms or Wit-less?
- Oscar Wilde
- Wise Words of Wisdom
- Jungle Talk
Two Dozen Pure Witticisms
- I started out with nothing...I still have most of it.
- Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
- I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.
- Funny, I don't
remember being absent minded.
- If all is not lost, where is
- It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
- If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished.
- The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.
- I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.
- It was all so different before everything changed.
what is used to be.
- Old programmers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
- A day without sunshine is like a day in Seattle.
- I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.
hard to make a comeback
when you haven't
- Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip round the sun.
- The only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.
- If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
- Lead me not into temptation (I can find the way
- If you're living on the edge, make sure you're wearing your seat belt.
- An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
not hard to meet expenses...they're everywhere.
- Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better attorney.
- Old people shouldn't
eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.
Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics, is like
asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs. Christopher Hampton
Ricky, Tony, and Leroy were out riding their bikes in downtown Chicago when a
fire engine zoomed past with blaring sirens.
The three boys spotted an Alsatian dog on the front seat of the fire engine.
Ricky commented, "They use that dog to control sightseers."
"No," said Tony, "he's just for good luck."
But Leroy knew better, "No, that's not it," he said. "The dog is there to
point the firemen to the nearest fire hydrant!"
Will and Guy's Collection of Funny Quips, Bon Mots and Wit
- Our friend Eddie has kleptomania, but when it gets bad, Eddie
takes something for it.
- I stayed up all night playing Texas Hold'em with a deck of tarot
cards. I got a royal flush and five people died.
- His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.
- I spilled 'Spot' remover on my dog. Now he's disappeared.
- Never return to a doctor whose office plants have died.
- Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool like Jackson.
- Don't wish ill for your enemy, plan it.
- Guy just got lost in thought. He found it unfamiliar
- See more amusing
15 Cerebral Witticisms
- Once you've seen one shopping centre, you've seen a mall.
- Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
- A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
- Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.
- Shotgun wedding - a case of wife or death.
- A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
- You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.
- Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
- Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
- When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.
- What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead give-away.)
- In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.
- The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
- A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
- Acupuncture is a jab well done.
Oscar Wilde Witticisms
Although Oscar Wilde did not invent the word 'Witticism', to me he is the
master of this branch of humour, for example:
- 'I have nothing to declare but my genius.'
- 'A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of
- 'I am not young enough to know everything.'
Oscar Wilde's Witty
Please send us your favourite witticism
Prejudice is when you see the colour before the
Witticisms or Wit-less?
Key question is there an opposite of witticism? We don't
know the answer, but here here are a few one-liners that would be
contenders for such an anti-witticism category.
- Wanted: Man to take care of cow that does not smoke or drink.
- Get rid of aunts: Zap does the job in 24 hours.
- Auto repair service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once, you'll never go anywhere again.
- No matter what your topcoat is made of, this miracle spray will make it really repellent.
- Buy your new bedroom suite from us, and we will stand behind it for six months.
- Kids Make Nutritious
[Taste like chicken?]
- Presenter: Who killed C Robin
Wit-less Contestant: I did not know that he was dead.
- The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
- A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- A fool is the witticism of nature
See more wise words
Three animals were having a huge argument over who was the best.
The first, a hawk, claimed that because of his ability to fly, he could attack anything repeatedly from above, and his prey had nary a chance.
The second, a lion, based his claim on his strength ...
None in the forest dared to challenge him.
The third, a skunk, insisted he needed neither flight nor strength to frighten off any creature.
As the trio
debated the issue, an alligator came along and swallowed them all ... hawk, lion and stinker. See more silly puns
Onomatopoeia is figure of speech where the word sounds like the thing that it is
describing. For example, 'Miaow' 'moo', or 'slosh'. Here are
examples from advertising.
- 'Snap crackle pop.'
use this onomatopoeia in their Rice Krispies adverts.
- 'Plink, plink, fizz, fizz'.
Alka Seltzer, UK
See more wise words, witticisms and quotes
Funny words of wisdom •
Wise words •
Funny thoughts to ponder •
A funny word
Witty funny quotes •
Famous people sayings •
Wisdom sayings •
Perks for over 60s
Meaning of words •
Funny thought of the day •
Rules of life •
Funny put downs