- 1 1) Here is the start of the project. Taken from the PowerPoint slides below
- 2 2) Here is a glimpse of the problem
- 3 The Management Rowing Race - Free Motivational PowerPoint Presentation
- 4 Another from our Collection of Inspirational Business Stories
- 5 How to Create an Inspirational PowerPoint Presentation
- 6 Free inspirational stories about life, business, children and animals
1) Here is the start of the project. Taken from the PowerPoint slides below
2) Here is a glimpse of the problemHow many people are actually rowing?
The Management Rowing Race - Free Motivational PowerPoint PresentationFree PowerPoint Presentation of Management Rowing Race
Another from our Collection of Inspirational Business StoriesA Japanese company and an American company decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race. On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile. The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing. So American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing. To prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the ' Rowing Team Quality First Program' , with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses. The next year the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and cancelled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was outsourced to India. Footnote: Please send us your inspirational business stories Meanwhile, please try our River Test
How to Create an Inspirational PowerPoint PresentationMaking presentations in PowerPoint is satisfying, moreover, it's easy to get started. The PowerPoint program is intuitive to learn and easy to create your own PPT slides and build them into a slide show. If you have Microsoft Office you may find that you already have PowerPoint along with Word and Excel. One way to begin is simply to open any example presentation. Just download one of our free PPT files and open it with PowerPoint. As you examine the slides, so it will become obvious how to add pictures and titles, if you do get stuck, ask the wonderful built-in 'Help'. To make an inspirational slide show requires these skills;
- Imagination - Think of a motivating idea, then build a themed slide set
- Artistic - An eye for a good picture
- Wordsmith - Choose a catchy title for each slide
- PowerPoint mechanics - Actually, this is the easiest skill of them all, the program is so intuitive.
- Latest techique - Use Skydrive. Import to your public folder, embed in your web page.