Will and Guy have obtained an inspirational PowerPoint Presentation explaining the old Chinese story of the farmer's daughter and the black and white pebbles. The PPT combines wisdom over a background of spectacular pictures of China. There is always something inspirational about stories of parables and this is no exception.
A Story About Two Pebbles, Set Over Photos of ChinaAs you watch the presentation keep thinging of the difference between logical thoughts and "lateral thinking.
PowerPoint Presentation Wisdom of the Two PebblesIncidentally, 2014 is the Chinese Year of the horse.
Transcript of the Story of Two PebblesMany years ago in a small Chinese village, a farmer called Feng had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to a village moneylender. The moneylender, who was old and ugly, fancied the farmer's beautiful daughter Mei. So he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the Feng's debt if he could marry his daughter. Both the farmer and his daughter Mei were horrified by the proposal. So the cunning money-lender suggested that they let providence decide the matter. He told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty money bag. Then Mei would have to pick one pebble from the bag.
- If Mei picked the black pebble, she would become his wife and her father's debt would be forgiven.
- If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him and her father's debt would still be forgiven.
- But if she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into jail.
- Mei should refuse to take a pebble.
- The girl should show that there were two black pebbles in the bag and expose the money-lender as a cheat.
- Mei should pick a black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt and imprisonment.
Moral of the Story:Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. Start your day with this thought provoking story and have a nice day. DONT WORK HARD...... "WORK SMART"
You May Also Like our Cracked Pot - Inspirational Chinese ProverbWill and Guy have obtained an inspirational PowerPoint Presentation explaining the old Chinese proverb of the 'Cracked Pot'. The PPT starts slowly, the wisdom builds up nicely, and leaves you with a warm glow. There is always something inspirational about proverbs and parables. The story starts with an elderly Chinese woman who has two large pots, which she carries with a pole balanced across her neck. See our Cracked Pot PowerPoint Presentation.
How to Create an Inspirational PowerPoint PresentationMaking presentations in PowerPoint is satisfying, moreover, it's easy to get started. The PowerPoint program is intuitive to learn and easy to create your own PPT slides and build them into a slide show. If you have Microsoft Office you may find that you already have PowerPoint along with Word and Excel. One way to begin is simply to open any example presentation. Just download one of our free PPT files and open it with PowerPoint. As you examine the slides, so it will become obvious how to add pictures and titles, if you do get stuck, ask the wonderful built-in 'Help'. To make an inspirational slide show requires these skills;
- Imagination - Think of a motivating idea, then build a themed slide set
- Artistic - An eye for a good picture
- Wordsmith - Choose a catchy title for each slide
- PowerPoint mechanics - Actually, this is the easiest skill of them all, the program is so intuitive.
- Latest techique - Use Skydrive. Import to your public folder, embed in your web page.