For times when you need a little inspiration, or you just wish to get the
day off to a good start, here is a list of positive thoughts from famous people.
- Inspirational Thought
for the Day
- Amusing Droll
or Funny Thoughts of the Day
- A Christian
Thought for the Day
- A Loving Thought
Thought of the Day
We have added an extra feature, a link to another page on our site which
amplifies a particular inspirational thought.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. - Mark Twain
- The journey to happiness involves finding the courage to go down
into ourselves and take responsibility for what's there: all of it. -
- By learning you will teach; by teaching you will understand. -
- Age considers; youth ventures. - Rabindranath Tagore
- One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment
of impatience may ruin a whole life. - Chinese Proverb
- Peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise,
trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and
still be calm in your heart. - Author unknownLightening
- History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few
originals and many copies. - Alexis de Tocqueville
- It is one of life's laws that as soon as one door closes another
opens. But the tragedy is we look at the closed door and disregard the
open one. - Andre Gide
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to
success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. -
Albert SchweitzerBeautiful Monday
- Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly
endless. - Mother TeresaWinter
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected
without trials. - Chinese Proverb
- I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met
a man who had no feet. - Ancient Persian SayingShay's Story
Once again we have added links to another page on our site which
developes a particular thought.
- Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their
children to come back home. - Bill Cosby
Children's Letters to God
- I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks
he can get me five. - Stephen Wright
- Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is
and not as it should be. - Don Quixote
- I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally. - W. C. Fields
A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said,
'Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.'
The Lord led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and
the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table.
In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious
and made the holy man's mouth water.
The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared
to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were
strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of
stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms,
they could not get the spoons back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered
at the sight of their misery and suffering.
The Lord said, 'You have seen Hell.'
They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as
the first one.
There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the
holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled
spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and
The holy man said, 'I don't understand.'
'It is simple,' said the Lord. 'It requires but one skill. You see they
have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves.'
Inspirational Thoughts of the Day by Famous People
Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true
meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right
to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
What a wonderful life I've had. I only wish I'd realized it
Another Batch of Positive and Inspirational Thoughts for the Day
One quality of famous people is that they express their feelings succinctly
and clearly; here are quotes that inspire those of us who read
their words of wisdom.
- Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. -
- Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence. - Robert Fripp
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it
takes to sit down and listen. - Winston ChurchillSisterly Love
- Integrity has no need of rules. - Albert Camus
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility; never an opportunity. -
- Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding. -
- Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment. -
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. - Indira Gandhi
- I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. - Jewish
Sad Little Girl
- I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and
abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep
getting a busy signal and soon they'll forget my number. - Edith Armstrong
- The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat oneself. -
- Failure to prepare is preparing to fail. - Benjamin Franklin
- If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must
take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own. -
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert EinsteinPretty Planet
- Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it
gets you nowhere. - Glenn Turner
- Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm. -
Author UnknownGreat Photos
- The only thing constant in life, is change. - François de la Rochefoucauld
- Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one. -
Amusing Thoughts About Aging
Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
'How old are
I'm four and a half!'
you're never thirty-six and a half. you're four and a half, going on five! That's
You get into your teens, now they can't
hold you back. You jump to the next number,
or even a few ahead.
'How old are you?'
I'm gonna be 16!'
You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your
life ... You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony ...
YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's
no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's
all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50.
And your dreams are gone.
You MAKE it to 60. You didn't
think you would.
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's
a day-by-day thing; you
You get into your 80's
and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't
end there. Into the 90's, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again.'
I'm 100 and a half!'
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Please write to Will and Guy if you have an
Thought for the Day'.
See more wise, funny and inspirational thoughts:
Funny wisdom •
Wise words •
Meaning of words •
Christian thought for the day
Loving thoughts of day •
Funny thoughts of the day •
Motivational thought for the day •