I was pleasantly surprised how funny politician jokes could be. What a
contrast between their soporific speeches and these witty one-liners.
- Funny Political Jokes
from Famous People
- Jokes About Other Politicians
- Funny Political One-Liners
- Best Short Politician Jokes
- George Bush Jokes
- Tory or Labour? - Political Cats
telephone is an amazing invention but who would want to use one of them?'
American President, Rutherford Hayes 1876.
electric light bulb is good enough for our transatlantic friends, but unworthy
of practical of scientific or practical men'. British Parliamentary society set up to investigate electric lighting in 1878.
'X-rays are a hoax'.
Lord Kelvin, president of the Royal Society in 1900.
It seems that the more successful a politician becomes, the more funny
political jokes that they attract. Thus for many up and coming stars,
being the butt of a political joke is a cross between a badge of honour and rite
- 'The House of Commons is the longest running farce in the West End.'
Cyril Smith [Former UK Member of Parliament]
- 'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country'.
Marion Barry [Mayor Washington, DC]
- This joke could be heard back in the 1960s in Moscow, USSR.What is the difference between Capitalism and Socialism?Capitalism is the exploitation of man by man
Socialism is the exact opposite.
- 'I don't
make jokes. I just watch the government and report the
Will Rogers [Comedian, social commentator, vaudeville actor]
- See more political jokes
- Barack Obama is the USA's 44th President, but there actually have only
been 43 presidents: Cleveland was elected for two non-consecutive terms and
is counted twice, as the 22nd and 24th president.
- Gerald R Ford (1913-2006), 38th President of the USA, is the only US
President who was never elected as either President or Vice President.
- Eight Presidents were born British subjects: Washington, J. Adams,
Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, J. Q. Adams, Jackson, and W. Harrison.
- The tallest president was Lincoln at 6' 4", at 5' 4", Madison was the
- The term "First Lady" was used first in 1849 when President Zachary
Taylor called Dolley Madison "First Lady" at her state funeral. It gained
popularity in 1877 when used in reference to Lucy Ware Webb Hayes. Most
First Ladies, including Jackie Kennedy, are said to have hated the label.
Famous Presidential Quote
Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your
John F. Kennedy - January 20th 1961. Presidential Inaugural Address.
- In democracy it's your vote that counts;
In feudalism it's your count that votes.
- The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and
the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- 'In archaeology you uncover the unknown. In diplomacy you cover the known.'Thomas Pickering
- 'Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realise that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.'Ronald Reagan
- Will and Guy think that this is the best website for the latest
- 'The government's
view of the economy
could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it'.Ronald Reagan
- 'I have left orders to be awakened at any
time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting'.Ronald Reagan
- Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and
there is some evidence that they can't read them either.
- 'In politics, absurdity is not a handicap'.Napoleon Bonaparte.
- On my arrival in the United States I was struck by the degree of ability among the governed and the lack of it among the governing.'
Alexis de Toqueville
- 'Politics makes strange bedfellows rich'.
- 'You can fool all of the people all of the time if
the advertising is right and the budget is big enough.'Joseph Levine
vote. You'll only encourage them.
- 'Although he is regularly asked to do so, God does not take sides in American politics.'George Mitchell.
- A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.
- When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things
to be bought and sold are legislators. PJ O'Rourke
- Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
- See more funny quotes.
Politician in the Swim
What happens if a politician drowns in a river?
That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown?
That is solution!!!
- We hang petty thieves and appoint the great thieves to public
Aesop, Greek slave & fable author.
- Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber.
Plato, ancient Greek
- When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it.
Quoted in 'Clarence Darrow for the
Defense' by Irving Stone.
- Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the
tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel.
- Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and
campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the
Oscar Ameringer, "the Mark Twain of American Socialism."
- I offered my opponents a deal: "if they stop telling lies about me,
I will stop telling the truth about them".
campaign speech, 1952.
- A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his
Texas Guinan. 19th century American businessman.
- I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter
to be left to the politicians. - Charles de Gaulle, French general &
- Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be
better to change the locks. Doug Larson (English middle-distance
runner who won gold medals at the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris
The Vicar spoke to his curate. "I'm going away today, but I'll be back on
Saturday evening in time to conduct matins on Sunday morning. Will you make
sure the hymn numbers are put up on Saturday afternoon so that everything is
ready when the service begins? They're all written on this piece of
paper apart from the first hymn."
"Yes, certainly Vicar, but what are you doing about the first hymn?"
asked the curate.
"It depends", said the Vicar. "It's Polling Day for the General Election
on Thursday. The first hymn will depend on the result. If the
Conservatives have a sufficient majority to form a government, it'll be 283,
"Now thank we all our God. However, if Labour has most seats and are going
to form the next government, then put up number 578, "Go labour on, spend
and be spent."
"Yes, right", said the curate. I'll see you on Sunday morning.
"Oh, there's just one thing," said the curate. Suppose the Liberal
Democrats have the majority, what number would you want me to put up in that
"Oh, in that circumstance, it'll be 482, "God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform."
- Only in Britain......do we use the word "politics" to
describe the process so well.
"Poli" in Latin meaning "many" and
"tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".
- Statesmen tell you what is true even though it may be
unpopular. Politicians will tell you what is popular, even though it may
- Political T.V. commercials prove one thing: some
candidates can tell all their good points and qualifications in just 30
- During Britain's "brain drain," not a single politician
left the country.
- Nobody can fix the economy.
be trusted with their finger on the button.
Vote for Nobody.
See Presidents Day Jokes
- Four years ago, my brother ran for state senator.
he do now?
Nothing. He got elected.
- Why don't we ever hear of a thief stealing from a politician's house?Professional courtesy.
- Mum: What makes you think our son will be a politician?Dad: He says more things that sound good and mean nothing than any other
boy on the block.
- A political pollster knocked on the door and a sour-faced lady
answered. 'What party does your husband belong to?' he asked.The lady responded curtly, 'I sir, am the party he belongs to.'
Funny Politician Jokes - Outtakes
These jokes are probably past their sell-by date, nevertheless I expect
that some satirist will rehash them for the latest batch of politicians.
1) 'A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls'.
George W Bush
2) Washington DC Newsflash: A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost.
Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer
said the president was devastated, as he had not finished colouring the second one.
3) Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: 'Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed'.
the President exclaims. 'That's
His staff are stunned at this display of emotion, they watch nervously as the President sits, head in hands.
Finally, the President looks up and asks, 'How many is a brazillion?'
See more Bushisms
Lord Mandelson Visits School
Did anyone tell you about the day when Lord Peter Mandelson was visiting
a primary school in England, and was taken into the room of a class
discussing words and their meanings. The teacher asked Lord Mandelson
whether he would care to lead a discussion on the word "Tragedy", so he
asked the class to give him an example.
A little boy stood up, and said, "If my best friend, who lives on a farm,
was playing in the field, and a tractor ran over him, and killed him, that
would be a tragedy".
"No," said Lord Mandelson, 'that wouldn't be a tragedy: that would be an
A little girl raised her hand: "If the school bus had fifty
boys and girls in it, and it drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside,
that would be a tragedy".
"I'm afraid not," explained Lord Mandelson; "That is what we would call a
The room went silent. No child volunteered.
Lord Mandelson's eyes searched the room. "Can no one here give me an
example of a tragedy?"
At the back of the room, a little hand went up, and a quiet voice said,
"If a plane carrying you and Mr Brown was struck by friendly fire and blown
to smithereens, that would be a tragedy".
"Magnificent!" exclaimed Lord Mandelson, "That's right! And can you tell
me why that would be tragedy?"
"Well," said the quiet voice, "It has to
be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably
wouldn't be an accident." Kindly send in by Les.
Gordon Brown is out jogging one morning, notices a little boy on the corner with a box. Curious he runs over to the child and says, 'What's
in the box sonny?'
To which the
little boy says, 'Kittens, They're brand new kittens.'
Gordon Brown laughs and says, 'What kind of kittens are they? 'Socialists', the child says.
lovely, 'Gordon smiles
and he runs off.
A couple of days later Gordon is running with his colleague Tony Blair and he spies the same boy with his box just ahead. Gordon says to Tony, 'Watch this.'
and they both jog over to
the boy with the box.
Gordon says, 'Look in the box Tony, isn't
that cute? Look at those little kittens. Och aye laddie, tell my friend Tony what kind of kittens they are.'
The boy replies, 'They're
Gordon says, 'I jogged by here the other day and you said they were Socialists. What's
changed? 'Well, 'the lad says, 'Their eyes are open now.'
Please write to Will and Guy if you have any funny politician jokes.
See more funny politicians, clean political jokes, stories and videos:
• Funny political jokes
• Funny politician jokes •
Funny political systems
• Funny Bush moments - Bushisms
• Rice, Bush and Hu •