The Secret of Stuffing a Turkey
How many cooks does it take to stuff a
turkey? Only one, but you REALLY have to squeeze to get him in.
- Amusing Thanksgiving Quotes
Thanksgiving Quotations From The Famous
- Thanksgiving Miracle
- Funny Thanksgiving
Quotes for the Meal
- Thanksgiving Alphabet
- Funny Thanksgiving Jokes
Thanksgiving Quotations From The Famous
- Rita Rudner: My mother is such a lousy cook that Thanksgiving at her house is a time of sorrow.
- George Carlin: We're having something a little different this year for Thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we're having a swan. You get more stuffing.
- Erma Bombeck: No One Diets on Thanksgiving.
What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they
call it Thanksgiving?
- Johnny Carson: Thanksgiving is
an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.
- Reba McEntire: To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a
backbone and a funny bone.
How Was the Thanksgiving Turkey for You?
We had grandma for Thanksgiving dinner.
We had turkey.
Amusing Thanksgiving Quotes
- When I was a kid in Indiana, we thought it would be fun to get a
turkey a year ahead of time and feed it and so on for the following
Thanksgiving. But by the time Thanksgiving came around, we sort of
thought of the turkey as a pet, so we ate the dog. Only kidding. It was
the cat! David Letterman
- Grave Humor
What did the hen tell the naughty chicks?If you your
father could see you now he would turn in his gravy.
- Great Uncle Jefferson Taylor occupied a chair of applied electronics
at an important government institution, he was attached to his position
by the strongest of ties, and his death came as a great shock.
- The Secret of Stuffing a Turkey
How many cooks does it take to stuff
a turkey? Only one, but you REALLY have to squeeze to get him in.
The turkey is a funny bird
Its head goes bobble-bobble;
he knows is just one word...
And that is GOBBLE-GOBBLE!
General Inspirational and Amusing Sayings
- The Constitution only guarantees the American people
the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
- The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans
have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a
day of thanksgiving. H.U. Westermayer
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as
though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.
- You can only govern men by serving them. The rule is
without exception. Victor Kiam
- I don't have a solution, but I certainly admire the
problem. Ashleigh Brilliant
- There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old
dog, and ready money. Benjaminn Franklin
- Those who can laugh without cause have either found
the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. Norm
There are at least three places in the USA named after this
traditional meal: Turkey in Texas [population 491]
Turkey Creek, Louisiana [population 364]
Turkey, North Carolina [population 267].
Three towns in Kansas also have the name Turkey.
Do you know of any other 'Turkey towns?
Quotes for the Meal
- We should look for someone to eat and drink with
before looking for something to eat and drink. Epicurus
- Old people shouldn't eat health foods. They need
all the preservatives they can get. Robert Orben
- Morning Star Headline
- It's not the minutes spent at the table
that put on weight, it's the seconds. Anon
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
- Thanksgiving is America's national chow-down feast, the one occasion
each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty. Michael Dresser
- There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who
know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.
- See our funny
Thanksgiving Day Miracle
Bradley Priebe is a miracle child claims his mother, Anna, as she offered up
her own Thanksgiving prayers. While celebrating Thanksgiving Day in Brooklyn,
USA, in a third floor apartment the 14 month old baby fell from an open window
some 20 feet onto a music shop roof below. Bradley not only survived, he didn't
even break a bone. His father Brandon told police that his son wasn't seriously
injured in the fall. The local hospital released the child after a period of
General Quotations Suitable For a Thanksgiving Gathering
- Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. W.J. Cameron
- What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the
world remains and is immortal. Albert Pine.
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting
something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what
we do have. Frederick Keonig.
- If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will
change your life mightily. Gerald Good.
- What a wonderful life I've had. I only wish I'd realized it sooner.
- There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
- Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true
measure of our thanksgiving. W. T. Purkiser.
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known
until it be lost. Charles Caleb Colton
- Do not wait for the day of judgement, it takes place every day.
- Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man
it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
Edward Sandford Martin
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you,"
that would suffice. Meister Eckhart
- I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it.
It is never of any use to oneself. Oscar Wilde
- See also funny
Out of the Mouths ...
Young Simon was sitting in his grandmother's kitchen, watching her prepare the Thanksgiving meal.
'What are you doing?' Simon enquired.
'Oh, I'm just stuffing the turkey,' his grandmother replied.
'Wow, that's cool.' Simon remarked. 'Are you going to hang it next to the deer?'
T ... Turkeys, table-spreads, being together,
H ... Happiness and homes to protect us from all weather,
A ... Aunts and uncles, a reunion in Fall,
N ... Nieces and nephews, family members all.
... Kind-hearted kin coming over for dinner,
S ... Surely you'll have fun, but you won't get thinner,
G ... Gourds and pumpkins, mouths open wide,
I ... Indians and Pilgrims we remember with pride,
V ... Very special times-there could even be snow,
I ... Imagine what it was like at Plymouth long ago,
N ... Never forget how the settlers led the way,
G ... Giving thanks and blessing this special day.
The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway,
Thanksgiving comes again.
He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
The First Thanksgiving
So once in every year we throng
Upon a day apart,
To praise the
Lord with feast and song
In thankfulness of heart.
Please send us your funny Thanksgiving quotes and amusing sayings.
See more November Thanksgiving jokes, stories and funny pictures
Thanksgiving jokes •
Black Friday jokes •
Thanksgiving poems •
November Thanksgiving traditions
• Native American
November Thanksgiving • Funny Thanksgiving pictures •
Thanksgiving turkey pictures