Here is our collection of jokes and funny tales about Wales' national game - rugby.
- Welsh Rugby Jokes
- Three Englishmen and a Welshman
- The Dirtiest Clean Welsh Sheep Joke!
- World Cup Rugby Jokes
- A Few More Funny Jokes from Wales
- We once had a second row forward called Dai. There was also a David who played on the wing, and a Daffyth at fullback. To distinguish between the 3 Davids, we called our fellow forward Dai 'Eighteen months', because he only had an ear and a half.
- The relationship between the Welsh and the English is based on trust and understanding. They don't trust us and we don't understand them. Former RFU supremo Dudley Wood on Anglo-Welsh relations.
- One cartoonist who have us hours of fun - especially with his calendars, was Gren with his distinctive, self-deprecating, Welsh humour.
- Banner seen at Cardiff Arms Park. - "Ray Gravell Eats Soft Centres". The great man explained his rugby philosophy thus: "You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late".
- As for singing and song-writing, it was Max Boyce who lead the way with his, 'Hymns and Arias'. In his song 'Duw it's hard', the line: 'And the pithead baths is a supermarket now', sums up how life changed in the Welsh valleys during the 1960s and 1970s.
- Snow White was returning from town to the cottage in the forest where she lived with the 7 dwarfs. In the distance she could see smoke, then as she got nearer she realized that her cottage had burnt down. Frantically, Snow White searched the forest for the dwarfs, then she heard a a lone voice saying, 'Wales for the World Cup, Wales for the World Cup, Wales for the World Cup. On hearing this chant, Snow White gave a gasp of relief as she knew that at least Dopey was safe.
- For one game Bedwas 3rds were a player short and they asked around for a replacement. Cecil, who used to be a utility player for Leicester 1sts, said he would be delighted to play. After a particularly bad game Dai said 'Cecil may have been known as a utility player at Leicester, but at Bedwas he would for ever be known as a futility player'.
Classic Welsh Rugby Joke Question: What do call an Englishman holding a bottle of champagne after a 6 Nations game? Answer: Waiter.
Welsh and NumbersTwo Welshmen, Dylan and Glyn, are sitting on a park bench reading their newspapers. Dylan notices the headline, '12 Brazilian Soldiers Killed.' Turning to Glyn, Dylan (Dull'un) enquires, 'Just how many is a Brazilian?'
- The Wizard of Oswestry
- Trefforest Gump
- Independence Dai
- Haverfordwest Was Won
- Cool Hand Look-you
- Dial M For Merthyr
- The Bridge on the River Wye
- Breakfast at Taffynys
- Look You Back in Bangor
- A Fishguard Called Rhondda
Teflon Hands In my opinion, the Welsh rugby crowd are masters of coining nicknames. In the 1980's Cardiff had a player called Gerald Cordle playing on the wing. He went through a bad patch, dropping pass after pass with the try line at his mercy. They took to calling him Teflon, because he had non-stick hands. See more rugby nicknames.
- See more Welsh jokes
- We would love to receive your funny Welsh rugby jokes.