- 10 Commandments for Women During the Football World Cup
- WFE - The Women for a Football-free England
- The Offside Rule Explained for the Ladies
10 Commandments for Women During the Football World Cup (+10 Rules of the WFE)Extremely important recommendations for wives, girlfriends, fiancées, mothers, sisters and daughters.
- From 11th June until 11th July 2010, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. The remote control will be fingerprinted each night, any sign of your fingerprints and all shopping trips will be cancelled for a month.
- If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, for an important reason such as preparing snacks or getting in the beers, I don't mind, as long as you crawl along the floor.
- During the football season, read the sports section of the newspaper so that you get the flavour of the football season
- During the games I will be blinkered to match. You cannot expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, it wont happen.
- It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.
- Please, please, please!! if you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say ' get over it, its only a game', or 'don't worry, they'll win next time'. If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called ' words of encouragement' will only lead to a break up or divorce.
- The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.
- Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
I will not
go, I will not go, and I will not go.
However, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.
- You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. The daily football season highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even say ' but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch?
- And finally, please save your expressions such as: 'Thank God the football season is only every 4 years'. I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Premier League, Italian League, Spanish League.
Never Let It Be Said That Will and Guy Don't Give Both Sides of the Case
- Men steal precious broadcast time.
- Men ignore us, pay attention no more to our needs.
- Men are unable to communicate.
- Men pay attention only to the ball.
- Men all of a sudden seem to think they know all about everything.
- Men grow ugly watching football.
- Romantic getaways have been replaced by jeering and other loutish and boorish behaviour over 22 men who have nothing better to do than running around on a field, kicking a ball back and forth for no apparent reason. Is that what separates us from the animals?
- We women are being deluged with all things white and red! Enough already!
- It has to be put to an end.
- Here and now.
- It has gone too far.
- The fun of it has worn off already.
- We cannot be silent any longer: love forgives only so much!
- The WFE speaks for those who are afraid to speak.
- The WFE stands up for those who can't defend themselves.
- The WFE takes a stand on behalf of all.
- It will be hard fought and the road ahead is long. But we know that we shall be supported in our struggle.
- We are not alone.
- We will not be left offside any longer.
- From now on, we Vinnie Jones the opponent and don't play for the ball anymore!
- Once and for all, stop the football season!'
The WFE 10 Rules
- Stop the football season: abolish the tournament, now and forever.
- We will not tolerate to be left in the offside position any longer.
- Grass is for cows.
- A ball in the house = A ball less elsewhere.
- Each and every hour of televised football will have to be compensated with two hours of Sex and the City / Friends / Desperate Housewives. Prime Time.
- The WFE will use any means necessary to publicise its views: demonstrations, public stunts, petitions... We don't exclude any measure.
- Each goal scored by England will have to be compensated with one afternoon of shopping. At man's expense.
- Watching the games with your mates down local boozer will have to be followed by a breakfast served in bed the next morning. For which you will be clean, shaven and sober.
- All remote controls in the house are subject to WFE's authority.
- In case of breach of one or several of these rules, we will leave you!