- 1 Cricket Nicknames
- 1.0.1 Cricket Nicknames
- 1.0.2 Australian Cricketer's Nicknames
- 1.0.3 English Cricketer's Nicknames
- 1.0.4 An update on Cricketer's Nicknames - Aussie Twenty20 team
- 1.0.5 True story from 1976
- 1.0.6 Indian Cricketer's Nicknames
- 1.0.7 Pakistan Cricketer's
- 1.0.8 Nicknames
- 1.0.9 South African Cricketer's Nicknames
- 1.0.10 Sri Lankan Cricketer's Nicknames
- 1.0.11 West Indian Cricketer's Nicknames
- 1.0.12 Cricket Commentators' Nicknames
- 1.0.13 Cricket Umpires' Nicknames
- 1.0.14 See more sports jokes and funny stories:
Cricket NicknamesHere is Will and Guy's collection of amusing cricket nicknames.
An update on Cricketer's Nicknames - Aussie Twenty20 teamThe Aussie Twenty20 team took to the field against England in January 2007 with their nicknames on the back of their shirts. Thus we learn:
- Adam Gilchrist - Church. Because the last syllable of his surname is "Christ"
- Matthew Hayden - Haydos. Not the most imaginative choice
- Ricky Ponting - Punter. He likes a bet, especially on the horses and the dogs
- Mike Hussey - Huss. His name would be his nickname if his nickname was his name. Get it?
- Andrew Symonds - Roy. His dad's choice, after Roy of the Rovers.
- Michael Clarke - Clarkey. Yet another unimaginative one
- Cameron White - Bear. Apparently because he is believed to resemble the Bundaberg Rum Bear, a polar bear used to advertise an Australian spirit
- Brad Hogg - George. Brad is his middle name - George is his first
- Nathan Bracken - Andy G. He looks like Andrew Gunsberg, host of reality show Australian Idol
- Ben Hilfenhaus - Hilfy. It's easier to say than Hilfenhaus
- Shane Harwood - Stickers. Because of his liking for tattoos.