World Environment Day [WED] was established by the UN [United Nations] specifically to advance its own environmental efforts.
World Environment Day
- Quotes for World Environment Day
- World Environment Day 2011 Hosts India
- UNEP's Climate Change Programme
- Global Warming
- Earth Day
- We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. Native American Proverb
- There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all. Robert Orben
- Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. Bill Vaughn
- For 200 years we've been conquering Nature. Now we're beating it to death. Tom McMillan
- You can't be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet. Hal Borland
- Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. Cree Indian Proverb
- Fall is my favourite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change colour and fall from the trees. David Letterman
- We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? Lee Iacocca
- "Growth" and "progress" are among the key words in our national vocabulary. But modern man now carries Strontium 90 in his bones ... DDT in his fat, asbestos in his lungs. A little more of this "progress" and "growth," and this man will be dead. Morris K. Udall
- Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. Dave Barry
World Environment Day Yearly ThemesThis year's theme "Forests: Nature at Your Service" underscores the intrinsic link between quality of life and the health of forests and forest ecosystems. The WED theme also supports this year's UN International Year of Forests. Two of India's most prominent cities Mumbai and Delhi will be the venue for this year's global celebration of the environment, with a myriad of activities over several days to inspire Indians and people around the world to take action for the environment. Each year, since 1974, WED has had an official theme for June 5th, usually built around a worldwide environmental challenge or crisis that the UN felt needed to be addressed. 'Many Species. One Planet. One Future', was the theme of 2010 Earth Day.
- Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" Robin Williams
- Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours." Robert Byrne
The Last Drop of Oil
Footnote Please send us your interesting World Enviroment Day quotes and funny stories.