Will and Guy dedicate this page to the remembrance of the true Christmas story. In amongst the hurly-burly of commercial Christmas we wanted to created an oasis where we could re-tell the true
- The Christmas Story in a
- From the King James Bible - Matthew's Gospel
- The Christmas Story - Luke's Gospel
- See Christmas Traditions
Around the World
The Christmas Story in a
It all started with the Angel Gabriel just over 2000 years ago. The Angel Gabriel proclaimed that Mary would have a
very special baby and that the newborn would called Jesus.
If we move forward to Bethlehem, Mary and her husband Joseph, went to town to pay their taxes. Unfortunately, there was nowhere for them to stay,
so they took shelter in a stable. There in Bethlehem, in a manger, the baby Jesus was born.
A bright star in the East guided wise men to the stable. They brought with them
gifts Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. This informal ceremony has extended to the celebration of Christmas as we know it today.
The Christmas Story
- The Version from the King James Bible
Matthew Chapter 2
1. Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod
the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the
east, and are come to worship him.
3. When Herod the king had heard these
things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the
people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the
6. And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among
the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule
my people Israel.
7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them
diligently what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem,
and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have
found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also
When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they
saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the
young child was.
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with
Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened
their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and
myrrh. 12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to
Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Delightful Christmas nativity story by scene
The Christmas Story
- Luke: Chapter 1
5.There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea..........
in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of
Galilee, named Nazareth.
27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was
Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's
name was Mary.
28. And the
angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the
Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29. And when she saw him,
she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of
salutation this should be.
30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found
favour with God.
31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring
forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32. He shall be great, and shall
be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the
throne of his father David:
33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob
for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a
35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come
upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore
also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of
37. For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38. And Mary said,
Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And
the angel departed from her.
See more on the
Story of Christmas
The Christmas Story: Luke - Chapter 2
1. And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from
Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2.And this taxing was
first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.
3. And all went to be taxed,
every one into his own city.
4. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth,
into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he
was of the house and lineage of David:)
5. To be taxed with Mary his
espoused wife, being great with child.
6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished
that she should be delivered.
7. And she brought forth her firstborn son,
and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because
there was no room for them in the inn.
8. And there were in the same country
shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the
Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good
tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born
this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling
clothes, lying in a manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly
host praising God, and saying,
14. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth
peace, good will toward men.
15. And it came to pass, as the angels were
gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us
now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which
the Lord hath made known unto us.
16. And they came with haste, and found
Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger
17. And when they had
seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning
18. And all they that heard it wondered at those things which
were told them by the shepherds.
19. But Mary kept all these things, and
pondered them in her heart.
20. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21. And when eight days were
accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
See more funny Short Christmas stories:
Short Christmas stories ∗
Funny Xmas stories ∗
Christmas kids stories ∗
Christmas news stories
Religious Christmas story ∗
Christmas tree stories ∗
Naming Jesus ∗
Modern Christmas Story ∗
Funny religious jokes ∗
Christmas angel stories