Jokes for Sunday
Will and Guy's Sunday JokesSun day means the day of God, presumably from the time when man worshiped sun gods. The Latin translation is Dominica, hence Dimanche in French.
Jokes for Sunday
- Adam Jokes
- Animal Jokes
- Bible Test
- Church Times
- Never work with Children or Animals
- Perks for Over 60s
- Political Systems
- Proverbs by 6 year olds
- Religious Jokes
- Thought for Day
Funny, Droll and Quirky Jokes for Sunday
Let's Meet by the RiverThe Reverend Lewis was completing a temperance sermon and with great expression he said, 'If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river.'With even greater emphasis he added, 'And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river.'Finally, the Reverend Lewis said, 'And if I had all the whisky in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river.'He sat down.The Curate, Roger Marples, then stood up very cautiously and announced with a smile, 'For our closing hymn let's sing number 365, "Shall We Gather at the River."
Ten Funny Definitions To Brighten Sunday
- Accountant - someone you hire to explain that you didn't make the money you did.
- Consciousness - the time between naps.
- Justice - a decision in your favour.
- Paradox - two physicians.
- Court of law - the place where a suit is pressed and a man can be taken to the cleaners.
- Flattery - an insult in gift wrapping.
- Capitalism - the survival of the fattest.
- A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.
- A born loser: Somebody who calls the telephone number that's scrawled in lipstick on the phone booth wall and his wife answers.
- Alimony - the cost of loving.
Five Funny Signs Spotted In Sunday Restaurants
- At restaurant-gas stations throughout the nation: Eat here and get gas.
- At a Sante Fe gas station: We will sell gasoline to anyone in a glass container.
- In a New Hampshire jewellery store: Ears pierced while you wait.
- In an New York restaurant: Customers who consider our waitresses uncivil ought to see the manager.
- In a Michigan restaurant: The early bird gets the worm. Special shoppers' luncheon before 11am.
This Is Not a Sect That We Are Familiar With
Elizabeth and her Sunday SchoolElizabeth asked her Sunday School class to sketch a picture of their favourite Bible stories. She was puzzled by Bert's picture, which showed four people sitting in a plane, so she asked him which bible story it was meant to represent.' The flight to Egypt,' said Bert. 'I see ... and that must be Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus, 'Elizabeth said, 'But who's the fourth person?' Oh, that's Pontius - the Pilot.'
Sunday's child is full of grace.
Thought for the Day MiscellanyWho tastes dog food when it has a 'new & improved' flavour?Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?When the stars are out they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners depressed?
A Funny Poem'Twas the Pig Fair last September. The day I well remember I was walking up and down in drunken pride.. When My knees began to flutter, So I sat down in the gutter.. When a Pig came up and lay down by my side. As I was sitting in the gutter, Thinking thoughts I could not utter.. I thought I heard a passing lady say: 'You can tell a man who boozes By the company he chooses.' And with that the pig got up and walked away.
Funny Political SystemsEvery country and every party has its funny political systems, here are some of our favourites researched by Alicia Moss.Capitalism, American style You have two cows. You sell one, buy a bull, and build a herd of cows.Democracy, American style You have two cows. The government taxes you to the point you have to sell both to support a man in a foreign country who has only one cow, which was a gift from your' government.Bureaucracy, American style You have two cows. The government takes them both, shoots one, milks the other, pays you for the milk, and then pours the milk down the drain.
Latest from the Church Pews News
- Tonight's sermon: 'What is hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- This afternoon, there will be a meeting in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Tuesday, at 4pm, there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk come early.
- Thursday, at 5pm, there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All ladies wishing to be Little Mothers please meet with the vicar in his office.