There are several ways to view the topic of Silly Book Titles. Some titles
are innately ridiculous, for example 'I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love Queen'.
In other cases it's the combination of title and author that brings a smile to
our face, for instance by Forestry by Teresa Green.
- This year's short
list of silly book titles
- Funny and
amusing book titles
- Bizarre Book Titles
yet funny examples of silly book titles
- Silly Book Titles -
- Silly Books by Famous Authors
- Silly Book Titles - Out of
Silly Book Titles - Awards
Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop
The British magazine 'The Bookseller' has announced its shortlist for the
oddest book title of the year.
The prize for the "oddest book title of the year" was announced in March
2013. The winner? Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop – a
"practical" guide to how to "clear your home and garden of goblins and
banish them forever."
Previous Winners of the Silliest Book Title
Each winner receives the Diagram Prize,
which has been running since 1978, when the winner that year was 'Proceedings of
the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice'.
2008 Winner of London's Diagram Prize of odd titles is 'Greek Rural Postmen
and Their Cancellation Numbers'. Will and Guy cannot wait for the movie!
2007's winner of 'The Oddest Book Title' was:
'The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North
America by A Guide to Field Identification', by Julian Montague.
Enjoy the Hilarity of the Short List
of Silly Book Titles
- May Flowers by April Showers
- Cheese Problems Solved by P.L.H. McSweeney
- How to Write a How to Write Book by Brian Paddock
- I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love Queen by Jasper McCutcheon
- If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs by Big Boom
- Are Women Human? And Other International Dialogues by Catharine A. MacKinnon
- People who Mattered in Southend and Beyond by From King Canute to Doctor Feelgood by Dee Gordon.
Will and Guy have researched further
funny and amusing book titles for you to
smile at by
- The 120 year diet
- Detecting Fake Nazi Regalia
- Foundry Work for the Amateur
- Versailles by The View from Sweden
- Oral Sadism and the Vegetable Personality
- theory of Lengthwise Rolling
- The Potatoes of Bolivia by Their Breeding, Value and Evolutionary Relationships
- Innovation and the Rise of the Tunnelling Industry
- The Interpretation of Geological Time from the Evidence of Fossilised
Elephant Droppings in Eastern Europe
- Big and Very Big Hole Drilling
Cooking With Poo
and Other Funny Book Titles
This book is called Cooking With Poo. Yes, "Poo"; this is the Thai
word for crab and it's also author Saiyuud Diwong's nickname so our Thai
friend Sakuntra, who now lives in Portsmouth, tells us.
More Funny Book Titles: have come to our notice
recently. Here is a selection of the best:
Estonian Sock Patterns All Around the World by Aino
Praakli (Kirjastus Elmatar). Covers styles of socks and stockings found in
The Great Singapore Penis Panic: And the Future of
American Mass Hysteria by Scott D Mendelson (Createspace). An analysis of
the "Koro" psychiatric epidemic that hit the island of Singapore in 1967.
Mr Andoh's Pennine Diary: Memoirs of a Japanese Chicken
Sexer in 1935 Hebden Bridge by Stephen Curry and Takayoshi Andoh (Royd
Press). The story of Koichi Andoh, who travelled from Japan to Yorkshire in
the 1930s to train workers at a hatchery business the art of determining the
sex of one-day-old chicks.
A Taxonomy of Office Chairs by Jonathan Olivares
(Phaidon). Exhaustive overview of the evolution of the modern office chair.
The Mushroom in Christian Art by John A Rush (North Atlantic Books). In
which the author reveals that Jesus is a personification of the Holy
Mushroom, Amanita Muscaria.
A Century of Sand Dredging in the Bristol Channel:
Volume Two by Peter Gosson (Amberley). A book that documents the sand trade
from its inception in 1912 to the present day, focusing on the Welsh coast.
Bizarre Book Titles
Based on an article written by Joel Rickett in a Weekend Guardian
supplement we have succeeded in tracking down further bizarre book titles to
amuse and amaze our readers. Will has to admit that some of these strange
titles made him giggle - 'must have been my mood,' he said.
The Diagram Prize is awarded each year to the oddest title presented at
the Frankfurt Book Fair. Guy agrees that several of these books fall into
the 'must read category'.
- Fancy Coffins to Make Yourself [A book for
- Knitting with Dog Hair
- Wood Carving with a Chain Saw
- Drying Flowers With A Microwave
- Nuclear War: What's In It For You?
- How Green were the Nazis?
Tractors and the Men Who Love Them
- How to Avoid Huge Ships
- Bomb Proof Your House
Silly Book Titles -
Medical books are usually difficult to understand, therefore Will and Guy
were pleased to see these titles in both the Ladybird book list and in the
'Janet and John' series.
- A Pictorial Book of Tongue Coatings
- Brace Owner's Manual: A Guide
To The Wearing And Care Of Braces
- Waterproofing Your Child
- The Secret of Sphincters
- DIY Brain Surgery
- Nasal Maintenance
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases:
A Personal View
- Hot Topics in Urology
Silly Books by Famous Authors
- The Broken Window by Eva Brick
- The Cliff Tragedy by Eileen Dover
- French Windows by Pattie O'Dors
- Forestry by Teresa Green
- Olympic Games by Arthur Letics
- How to Make Honey by B. Keeper
- Easy Money by Robyn Banks
- Gunfire by R. Tillery
- Long Walk by Miss D. Buss
- The Dogs' Dinner by Nora Bone
- A Hole in My Bucket by Lee King
- Falling Trees by Tim Burr
- How to Win by Vic Tree
- I Love Maths by Adam Upp and Ima Adder
- Snakes of the World by Anna Conda
- Natural Bust Enlargement by Mine
A Career in Writing
Two friends, Bob and Mick who hadn't seen each other for a while were
having lunch and catching up on one another.
"So what are you doing with yourself these days?" Bob asked.
answered, "I've taken up a career in writing."
"That's great!" Bob replied. "So have you sold anything yet?"
have," answered Mick.
"What have you sold?" asked Bob.
Mick answered, "My Rolex, my
saxophone, the TV, the stereo and several antiques."
Will and Guy's Top Twenty of
Funny But "Less
Successful" Children's Book Titles
- You Are Different and That's Bad
- Curious Ricky and the High-Voltage Fence
- The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
- Strangers Have the Best Candy
- Whining, Kicking, and Crying to Get Your Way
- Pop Goes the Gerbil and Other Great Microwave Games
- Some Kittens Can Fly
- Fun Four-Letter Words to Know and Share
- The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
- Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School
- Dad's New Wife Bernard
- The Children's Guide to Hitchhiking
- The Little Sissy Who Snitched
- You Were an Accident
- Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will
- Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
- The Man in the Moon is Actually Satan
- Your Nightmares Are Real
- Why Can't Mr. Fork and Mrs. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?
- Places Where Mummy and Daddy Hide Neat Things
Silly Book Titles - Out of Print
Will and Guy are grateful that these silly books are currently out of
- Overpopulation in France by Frances Crowded
- The World's Flood Plains by Noah Zark
- Sound as a Bell by Drop Clanger
- Why I Like Fish by Anne Chovie
- The Empty Biscuit Tin by Arthur Anymore
- Interior Decorating by Kurt N. Rodd
- Poisonous Plants by Dudley Nightshade
- Dockyards in Britain by Steve Dore
- How to Look Younger by Fay Sliftt
- Mexican Food by Monty Suma
Please send us your silly book titles
- Related to silly book titles -
Unfortunate Children's names
See more hilarious stories
Hilarious jokes •
• Hilarious stories •
Home - Clean jokes
Newspaper funnies •
Dear Abby letters •
Funny application •
Human resource stories
Library jokes •
Funny library stories •
Silly book titles •