- 1 British Royal Wedding Jokes
- 2 Wedding Jokes for Prince William's Speech
- 3 The Logic of Marriage - Harry's View
- 4 The Promise of Marriage
- 5 A Question Of Marriage Guidance
- 6 Rehearse The Church Service
- 7 More British Royal Wedding Jokes
- 8 Five Funny Wedding Shorts
- 9 Wedding Hymn Sheet
- 10 Little Miss Princess Created Ahead of Royal Wedding
- 11 Royal Wedding: William and Kate Commission Two Cakes
- 12 William and Kate British Royal Wedding Photo
- 13 Will and Guy's Twenty Fun British Royal Wedding Trivia
- 14 Mexico Teenager on Hunger Strike Over Royal Wedding
- 15 Remember Your Royal Wedding Present!
- 16 Funny, Hilarious and Odd Royal Wedding Presents
- 17 William and Kate - British Royal Wedding Photos
- 18 Commemorative Medals Struck for William and Kate's Wedding
- 19 William's Curse
- 20 Catherinettes - Husbands, Hats and 25
- 21 Amusing, Interesting and Informative Royal Wedding One-Liners and Trivia
- 22 St Andrews University Has Created a Scholarship in the Couple's Honour
- 23 See more funny wedding jokes and speeches
British Royal Wedding Jokes
- Wedding Jokes for Prince William's Speech
- More British Royal Wedding Jokes
- William & Kate - British Royal Wedding Photo
- British Royal Wedding Trivia
- Prince Harry's Best Man Speech
The Logic of Marriage - Harry's ViewHarry, when he was a very young lad aged 4, says to his father, 'Daddy, Daddy, I want to get married.' His father explains, 'For that Harry, you have to have a boy and a girl.' So Harry answers, 'I've already found a girl.' 'Who?' splutters his Dad. 'Grandma,' continues Jack happily. 'Now, let me get this straight,' his father says. 'You want to marry my mother? .......... You can't do that.' 'I don't see why not?' Harry responds, 'You married mine!'
Rehearse The Church ServiceAt a royal wedding ceremony at which the Arch Bishop was officiating, he was seen to raise his hand in order to give the final blessing at the end of the service. Anne, the bride, totally misunderstood this gesture and surprised the vicar with a high-five. Not wanting to exclude Mark, the groom, the Arch Bishop also offered him a high-five. The Arch Bishop was eventually able to give the blessing, this time with the laughter of the guests ringing in his ears.
Five Funny Wedding Shorts
- Philip: I'm a man of few words. Charles: I'm married, too.
- The five essential words for a good marriage: 'I apologize' and 'You are right.'
- A wedding ring may not be as tight as a tourniquet, but it does an equally good job of stopping circulation.
- If your wife wants to learn how to drive, don't stand in her way.
- My opinions are my wife's, and she says I'm lucky to have them.
- First the aisle, cos that is what you'll be walking down.
- Secondly, the alter because that is where you will arrive.
- Finally, remember hymn because that is a type of song we will sing during the service.
- The wife of the British king automatically becomes the queen. That means Kate [Catherine] Middleton will one day become England's sixth Queen Catherine.
- Other British Queen Catherine's being: Catherine of Valois, Catherine of Aragon, Katherine Howard, Katherine Parr and Catherine of Braganza.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey on April 29th, 2011, which has been declared a bank holiday [national holiday in the UK] in celebration.
- It's also been the site of countless other ceremonies ; including the weddings of his grandparents, then future Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, and his great-grandparents, the future King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
- The couple, both aged 28, met, as students, at St Andrews University, Fife, Scotland.
- William has given Kate his mother Diana's 18-carat engagement ring, which is a sapphire surrounded by diamonds. (picture right)
- William has chosen to marry a "commoner"; there's no rule that says the king has to marry a fellow royal.
- The King of England may marry a commoner, but not a Catholic. That's specified under the 1701 Act of Settlement.
- The late Princess Diana. (below right)
- The best man is to be Prince Harry, William's younger brother.
- Westminster Abbey has long been used for Royal Weddings and Royal Coronations and Funerals since William the Conqueror won the throne in 1066. It's also the final resting place of 17 monarchs. [The funeral for William's mother, Princess Diana, was held there in 1997.]
- The present church, begun by Henry III in 1245, is one of the most important Gothic buildings in the UK.
- Sir David Manning, the former British ambassador to the USA, will give the future Royal bride "advice and mentoring" on a range of subjects including state matters and foreign affairs.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton will go on a nine-day tour of Canada for their first official overseas tour after their wedding.
- Prince William has received his first honorary Army appointment - becoming Colonel of the Irish Guards.
- The second-in-line to the throne already holds honorary ranks in the RAF [Royal Air Force] and Royal Navy.
- A royal bride takes her husband's rank upon marriage, so Miss Middleton will become an HRH: Her Royal Highness.
- A comic book telling the story of Prince William and Kate Middleton's romance is due to be published in April, joining a host of other books and memorabilia flooding the market ahead of the April 29 royal wedding.
- The first televised royal wedding was on May 6th , 1960, when Princess Margaret, younger sister of Queen Elizabeth II, said "I do" to Antony Armstrong-Jones. An estimated 20 million viewers tuned in.
- King Henry VIII married six times, and four of his brides were commoners. Two of them were beheaded (Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard), one died of complications from childbirth (Jane Seymour) and the last (Catherine Parr) survived him, and went on to marry again.
Mexico Teenager on Hunger Strike Over Royal WeddingA Mexican teenager is staging a hunger strike outside the British Embassy in Mexico City in a bizarre attempt to secure an invitation to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton report Will and Guy. Miss Estibalis Chavez, 19, said she had not eaten for the past eight days and was living on just water as she camps in a blue tent near the gates to the embassy. 'Are they going to let me die just because they wouldn't give me an invitation to the royal wedding?' Miss Chavez wrote on one of the flyers she has plastered near the entrance to the colonial-style building. 'This is my only dream,' read another flyer next to a picture of the smiling royal couple who will marry at Westminster Abbey on 29th April 2011. 'The embassy could talk to Britain for me but they haven't,' she said. 'But I'm going to stay here until I can't go on.' We say, 'Watch this space.'
Remember Your Royal Wedding Present!
- King Henry 11 wife Eleanor came with Aquitaine [France] attached
- King Richard 1, known as the Lionheart, received Cyprus from his fiancée Berengaria
- Prince Philip [from Greece} brought to Queen Elizabeth 11 when he married her in 1947, at the height of post war austerity:
- 131 pairs of nylon stockings; 500 cases of tinned pineapple; a sewing machine; a bath sponge and apparently a potato peeler.
- Mohandas Ghandi, Will and Guy have learned sent a lace tray cover made by his own hand. Unfortunately the gift was mistaken at Buckingham Palace for a loincloth.
- Prince Charles and Princess Diana. In 1981, received 20 silver platters from Australia; a jewel encrusted model dhow from the Emir of Bahrain.
- A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
- A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
- To be happy with a man, you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
- To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.
- Married men live longer than single men, but married men are a lot more willing to die.
- Any married man should forget his mistakes, there's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
- Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed. Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
- A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't. A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, and she does.
- A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
- There are 2 times when a man doesn't understand a woman - before marriage and after marriage.
See more on Catherinettes.
William's CursePrince William, now 60, goes to the Bishop to ask him if he can remove a curse he has been living with for many years. The Bishop says, 'Maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you.' William says without hesitation, 'I now pronounce you man and wife.'
- This Royal Wedding is an especially joyful occasion in my house because we actually need new tea towels and some coffee mugs.
- BBC News: 'Prince William and Kate Middleton have named the day they will be married: April 29th.' - I believe it was named that already.
- Prince William carried the engagement ring, his late mother's, around in his rucksack for three weeks before finally proposing to Kate.
- According to Prince William, Kate has a 'really naughty sense of humour, which kind of helps me because I've got a really dry sense of humour.'
- The last time a future British king married a commoner was in 1660 when the future King James II secretly wed Anne Hyde in the middle of the night. The country was outraged, but the future Queen Anne gave birth to two queens subsequently, Mary and Anne.
- William, as a boy's name, is of old German origin, and the meaning of William is "will helmet, protection".
- Catherine [or Katherine] is of Greek origin and means "pure".
- "Kiss Me, Kate" is a musical with music and lyrics by Cole Porter and is a play within a play, and a musical version of William Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew".