Here are Will and Guy's predictions for pranks and jokes that you will see on April Fool's Day 2011.
- Barbary Apes
- Spoof Documentaries and Exposés in 2011
- Computer Hoaxes for April Fool's Day 2011
- Marketers Use April 1st to Launch Real Products
- Fake Scientific Inventions
- Spurious Invitations
- Sweeping Bad News Under the Table
- 0.1 Celebrity Hoaxes
- 0.2 Barbary Apes
- 0.3 Re-cycling of Old Urban Myths
- 0.4 Military Hoaxes for April Fool's Day 2011
- 1 Spoof Documentaries and Exposés in 2011
- 1.1 Hunting for Bambi
- 1.2 Computer Hoaxes for April Fool's Day 2011
- 1.3 Marketers Use April First to Launch Real Products
- 1.4 Fake Scientific Inventions
- 1.5 Spurious Invitations
- 1.6 Sweeping Bad News Under the Table
- 1.7 Tried and Tested April 1st Hoaxes
- 1.8 Student Pranks for April Fool's Day 2011
- 1.9 At Midday on April 1st
- 2 See more April Fool's Day jokes, hoaxes and funny stories:
Celebrity HoaxesIt's fascinating to see how hoaxes in general, and April Fools jokes in particular get re-cycled. Celebrities are a prime target fro a prank because they are outrageous, lead strange un-conventional lives, and good portion of the population is happy to laugh when a star's ego get pricked. This is the sort of thing to look out for: Kate Winslet Affected by Dutch Elm Disease Professor Prawo Jazdy says that it's now been proven that Dutch Elm Disease can attack red-headed women and cause their hair to turn yellow. People such as Sarah Ferguson, Amy Adams and Kate Winslet could also be affected. Dog Fleas Attack Blue-eyed Blonde People Dr Allergo reports that Ctenocephalides canis (common dog flea) has hopped species and can now attack humans. However, it is only those of Nordic extraction that are affected, those with dark skin and hair are still immune from this dog parasite. A Hoax from 2010 - It's Bieber's world, we're just living in it The tween pop singer hijacked Will Ferrell's comedy video site for April Fool's Day renaming it "Bieber or Die." "Justin Bieber has decided to buy Funny or Die and do with it whatever his tiny little heart desires," a clip at the top of the site states. According to the 16-year-old pop star himself, "Anything that's not Bieber, dies."
Beware of being asked to phone an organization and ask for a person with a strange name, for example Myra Manes at a funeral parlour. Also any spokeswoman called 'Avril Foujour'.
Re-cycling of Old Urban MythsTalking of monkeys, beware of new footage purporting to prove an old tall tale, for example that Charles Manson once auditioned for the 1960's pop group 'The Monkeys'. Such releases on the eve of April Fool's Day start with a little known but true fact, for example, Mickey Dolenz starred in 'Circus Boy'. They go to say that Davy Jones starred in the soap Coronation Street (also true). Then they slip in the curve ball, new footage shows Charles Manson auditioning for 'The Monkeys' (false).
Military Hoaxes for April Fool's Day 2011Because of their rigid discipline the army are always a good source of April Fools hoaxes, therefore expect 2011 to be no different.paintball guns. For $10,000 you could go to Las Vegas, get kitted out with your paint gun, and stalk 'Bambi'.
This story was sensationalized by Klas television who accepted the advert as face value. The city of Las Vegas officials admitted that the Hunting for Bambi video is a hoax. No "hunts" have ever been sold, and no "Bambis" have ever been shot with paintballs, the officials said in concluding a weeklong investigation. Footnote: No animals were harmed in the making of the hoax!computer jokes that techies with too much time on their hands play on their co-workers.
Hunting for BambiIf you would like to fly out to wonderful fun filled Las Vegas, Nevada for the hunt of a lifetime now is your chance. You can actually hunt one of our Bambi babes and shoot her with paintballs while we film the whole thing and tape it for your own home video. We will send you a complete list of wall hangers to choose from once your reservation is confirmed for your hunt. With over 30 women ready to be chased down and shot like dogs we guarantee a wide variety of Bambi's to choose from. Whether it is the girl next door or a perfect 10 we have an abundance of these beauties. So if you are the ultimate sportsman and are seeking the ultimate adrenaline rush then come out to our ranch and shoot one of these trophies. Then take home the video of her mounted on the wall for all your friends to see. This is the gift for the person who thought he had it all.
- Spoof the mouse. Unplug the original mouse. Plug in a fake mouse. When they check their connection it seems to be working. One from Dr Devious.
- An old favourite: tape over the optical sensor of your friend's mouse.
- Alter Word's Autocorrect on your victim's machine.
- Launch Word for Windows. Find the 'Proofing settings'. Make changes to AutoCorrect, e.g. a to ye. I to you.
- On someone else's machine press set High Contrast mode Press: Shift + ALT + Print Screen. Note 1: You need Shift and not Ctrl. Also use the Left Alt and not the right. Note 2: To Undo press the same combination: Shift + ALT + Print Screen. Note 3: Learn from this madness by checking out the Ease of access settings in Control Panel.
- Variation, turn on Narrator and drive the computer user mad. Control Panel --> Ease of access.
- Cuckoo clock - Install this computer joke application.
- See more short computer jokes
Constantly having to swap your glasses or remember to bring along a pair for driving? Do away with the hassle, as Auto Windscreens, innovators in automotive glazing, has successfully launched its first prescription windscreen.Beware of machines to make diamonds from sand, or gismos which turn lead into gold. Perhaps 2011 is the year when that old gadget that turns water into wine resurfaces. Other Ideas for 2011 April Fool's Hoaxes Another rich seam of April Fool's Day hoaxes is discoveries of extinct animals. Although the Piltdown Man forgery was not unearthed in April, this is the type of fakery to watch out for on April the first. Finally, when it comes to scientific hoaxes UFOs are never far away. There are more sightings of Martians, little green men, fairies and other curious creatures on April the first than any other day of the year. Inventing New Medical Conditions for April Fool's Day Chinese doctors have identified the human gene which causes Pedaspheraphobia. Symptoms Dr Chang of the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Pharmacology, reports that symptoms of Pedaspheraphobia include vertigo and nausea when ever watching sport. See more about Pedaspheraphobia here.