- A Parallel Turkey Universe?
- The Turkey - A Most Difficult Bird to Cook
- Thanksgiving Horror Show
- More Amusing Turkey Images
- Funny Turkey Pictures
- Is it OK to baste my turkey with engine oil?
- Should I carve my turkey with a 16in Redmax or should I get out my Stihl Electric Chain Saw?
- How do I get my Chihuahua out of the turkey. (Her dog jumped up on the kitchen table.)
- Should I leave the giblets in their plastic bag during cooking?
- How long should I cook my turkey on the car radiator? 50 minutes at Mach 1 should do it!
- See more cartoon at danscartoons.com.
New Meanings To 'Happy Thanksgiving'Funny turkey cartoon by Tony Sarrecchia
How Was the Thanksgiving Turkey for You? We had grandma for Thanksgiving dinner. Really? We had turkey.
If All Else Fails .....
Rita Rudner says: My mother is such a lousy cook that Thanksgiving at her house is a time of sorrow.
Turkey Weather ReportEarly Morning Thanksgiving Day The temperature of turkeys will gradually rise throughout Thanksgiving day. However, at dawn when the birds stare at the frost in their chiller compartment, the ambient temperature may only be 10°F. By 10 o'clock the turkeys will start to thaw as they see the light of day. At about 11 o'clock a warm Chinook wind from the fan oven will raise their temperature rapidly to 200°F. Mid-day Heat By 12 o'clock the cook's temperature may well reach fever levels. Furthermore, you may also notice an increase in humidity especially in the kitchen. In these turbulent conditions, Moms may be surrounded by an area of high wind-chill, the result maybe a cold shoulder for you. Beware, pestering one's mother too much may lead to a tornado in the kitchen. Afternoon Forecast By about 2:30 pm the warm weather condition will have stabilized, and as a result the turkey will have tanned nicely. Now a steel carving knife will cut across the bird's flanks, and slices of turkey will descend on the guests' plates. A precipitation of cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes will make the plates slippery. You may also experience a gentle drizzle from the gravy boat. This should also be accompanied by a heavy fall of a lighter liquid into your wine glass. Evening Rumble of Thunder Pressure may increase drastically around the waist band, consequently, storm warnings have been issued about indigestion. The evening will see the turkey diminishing to leftovers that can then be distributed to all the guests. As the day draws to a close you may experience turbulent conditions in the stomach. Good news, the outlook is that the rumble of thunder in the intestine will pass by the weekend.
- Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the USA.
- Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October in Canada.
- The Plymouth Pilgrims were the first to celebrate the Thanksgiving.
- They celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day in the fall of 1621.
- The Wampanoag Indians were the people who taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land.
- The Pilgrim leader, Governor William Bradford, had organized the first Thanksgiving feast in the year 1621 and invited the neighboring Wampanoag Indians also to the feast.
- The state of New York officially made Thanksgiving Day an annual custom in 1817.
- The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade tradition began in the 1920's.
- Californians are the largest consumers of turkey in the USA.
- By the fall of 1621 only half of the pilgrims, who had sailed on the Mayflower, survived. The survivors, thankful to be alive, decided to hold a Thanksgiving feast.