Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the
only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be. William Hazlitt
- 1 Here is a selection of our funny online stories for December:
- 1.1 Cases of Red Tape
- 1.2 Fancy a Nosebag?
- 1.3 How Red Tape Curtails Christmas Lights
- 1.4 The Catfish Tale
- 1.5 Toy Test:
- 1.6 This is allegedly a true story researched by Guy and Will.
- 1.7 Christ the Redeemer - Pictures from Rio de Janeiro
- 1.8 Chimney Burglar - Funny Online Story
- 1.9 December Special Day Calendar
- 1.10 See more of Will and Guy's best clean jokes for each month:
Funny Online Stories for December
- Bungling Burglars
- Catfish Tale
- Christ the Redeemer at Rio de
- Don't try this at home
- Funny Cake Toppers
- Funny Stones
- Ideas to Amuse Kids
- Railway Gauge
- Red Marbles - Inspirational Story
- Red Tape - Fewer Christmas Lights
- Takes the Biscuit
Here is a selection of our funny online stories for December:
Here are examples of this month's funny online stories. We aim to
amuse - even surprise, but never to shock or offend.
- Firemen in Essex, England were warned that they faced disciplinary action after sleeping on their fire station floor because it was 'an unauthorised rest facility.'
- In Tajikistan (ex region of USSR ), visitors require 11 permits to gain admittance.
- Midlothian council left the lights on at a disused school in case unauthorised intruders tripped over in the dark.
- From the other side of the fence. In December 2005, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Tennessee announced that two officials had been arrested for for taking bribes for the
purchase of - red tape. In this true story, the officials were found to be taking kickbacks of $1 per roll. The worst part of the affair to our thinking was that one small department could buy
100,000 rolls of red tape!
Fancy a Nosebag?
'Some biscuit bar manufacturer hit upon the simple notion of emptying out the leavings of carthorse nose bags, adding a few other things like unconsumed portions of chicken layer's mash, and the sweepings of
racing stables, packaging the mixture into little bars and selling them in health food shops.'
Thanks to Frank Muir, the late British comedian and broadcaster.
How Red Tape Curtails Christmas Lights
In Sandwell, Worcestershire, traders have been told that lights cannot be hung across the widths of roads, because of fears that cables may break.
Scarborough Council has planned an 'electric
parade' with a pantomime theme to make up for the disappointment of last year's celebrity switch-on, which was cancelled because of police objections on various health and safety issues.
The Catfish Tale
A man who lives at Lake Conroe [50 miles north of Houston, Texas, USA ] saw a ball bouncing around strangely in the lake and went to investigate.
Obtain large box of tin tacks. Have a friend spread them all over the house. Put on a
blindfold. Try to walk to the bathroom or kitchen. Do not scream because this would wake a child at night.
Borrow one or two small animals [goats are excellent] and take them with
you as you shop. Always keep them in sight and pay for anything they eat or
See more ideas to amuse kids.
This is allegedly a true story researched by Guy and Will.
The name of a two-year-old boy was listed on the country's list of wanted suspects. He was briefly banned from getting on a plane bound for Turkey. The details on the toddler's passport had been the same as
those in an arrest warrant, even the date of birth.
'While going through the passport checking procedures to get on board, one of the officers on duty said they wanted to take Suhail,' Emirates Today quoted
the boy's father, Abdullah Mohamed Saleh, as saying. 'I thought he was kidding me and said 'Take him if you want'. He showed me a print-out of a document that said Suhail was wanted and there was an arrest
warrant for him.'
Officials said they would investigate the cause of the mix-up.
Christ the Redeemer - Pictures from Rio de Janeiro
Chimney Burglar - Funny Online Story
A burglar who got stuck in a chimney while trying to break in to a Los Angeles home has been jailed for two years. Bungling
burglar Marco Antonio Espinoza was also ordered to pay the owners of the house more than £5,000 [$9,993.20 USD] to repair the damage done when fire fighters freed him.
When he was caught, he told the police
that he was doing building work on the house.
A 'would be' robber had to drop his bank looting plans after he forgot to take with him a bag into which the stolen money could be put.
the young man in his 20's, entered a local Chase Bank branch early on Monday morning and passed the cashier a piece of cardboard on which was written 'Give me your money,' reported the Detroit News.
the bank teller to 'hurry up,' but when she asked him if he had a bag to put the money into he became flustered and confused and ran off without the cash.
December Special Day Calendar
- 7th Pearl Harbour - Japanese attack in 1941
- 10th Human Rights Day
- 14th Roald Amundsen Reaches the South Pole (1911)
- 16th Boston Tea Party
- 16th Jane Austen born 1755
- 17th Wright Brothers make their first flight (1903)
- 18th Piltdown Man
- 21st Winter Solstice
- 21st Arthur Wynne published the first crossword (1913)
- 25th Christmas (Quarter Day)
- 26th Boxing Day - St Stephen's
- 26th Kwanzaa - Fastest growing festival
- 28th Dia de los Santos Inocentes (Spanish Fools Day)
- 31st New Years Eve
See other interesting events that
happened in December back
down the years.
- Quiz - December Dates
- Zodiac Signs for December
Please send us your funny online stories
See more of Will and Guy's best clean jokes for each month:
January • February • March • April •
May • June •
Special Day Today • Home
July • August •
• November • December • Jokes Months