Funny Sheep Pictures and Videos
Funny Sheep Pictures and StoriesHere is our collection of amusing sheep items.
- Funny Welsh Sheep Video
- Will and Guy's Ten Fun Facts About Sheep
- Racing Sheep
- Dutch Sheep Rides Home on Moped
- Chinese Year of the Sheep
- There are over 1 billion sheep in the world, more in China than any other country.
- Adult female sheep are known as ewes, while adult male sheep are known as rams, and their offspring are lambs. Between the ages of 1 and 2 a lamb is known as a hoggart, the significance is that once a lamb reaches the age of two, it's meat becomes mutton.
- In Wales a group of sheep is known as a flock (cail), but in other parts of the world the collective noun is herd or even a mob.
- Interestingly, the plural of sheep is the same as the singular. Can you think of another mammal where this is true? *See end of this section.
- Sheep like to stay close to others, which makes them easier to move together to new pastures. However, sometimes they are held in a sheepfold, see right.
- Sheep have a field of vision of around 300 degrees, allowing them to see behind themselves without having to turn their head.
- Sheep are herbivores that eat vegetation especially grass.
- The digestive system of sheep features four chambers which help break down what they eat.
- If a sheep falls on its back, with all four legs in the air, it's becomes stuck and cannot right itself without help from a farmer.
- In 1996, a sheep named Dolly was the first mammal to be cloned from a somatic cell.
Skating SheepGuy and Will built a skating rink in the middle of a pasture. One day a shepherd leading his flock decided to take a shortcut across the rink. The sheep, however, were afraid of the ice and wouldn't cross it. Desperate, the shepherd began tugging them to the other side. 'Look at that,' remarked Guy to Will. 'That bloke is trying to pull the wool over our ice.' Hoo Farm in Shropshire, England, is famous for sheep steeplechasing. In fact, at one time, the hurdles for steeplechasing contained flocks of sheep. And here on Ewe-Tube: is a wonderful sheep video
Australian Farmers Have Used Motorbikes For Some Time
A Sign Spotted In Ireland. What Can It Mean?
A Hilarious and Funny Sheep Story from Will and GuyMartha and the Vicar: The Reverend Maurice Bowler, a children's minister, was talking in Sunday School at St Jude's, Southsea, about the 23rd Psalm. Maurice told the children about sheep, that they weren't clever and needed lots of guidance, and that a shepherd's job was to stay close to the sheep, protect them from wild animals and keep them from wandering off and doing dumb things that would get them hurt or killed. Maurice pointed to the little children in the room and said that they were the sheep and needed lots of guidance. Then Maurice put his hands out to the side, palms up in a dramatic gesture, and with raised eyebrows said to the children, 'If you are the sheep then who is the shepherd?' He was pretty obviously indicating himself. A silence of a few seconds followed. Then Martha, a young pupil, exclaimed, 'Jesus! Jesus is the shepherd!' Maurice, obviously caught by surprise, said to the youngster, 'Well then, who am I?' Martha frowned, thinking hard, and then said with a shrug, 'Well, I guess you must be a sheep dog.'
Fly The Sheepdog: A Short Funny TaleJerry the shepherd sent Fly, his trusty sheep-dog, out to gather and count the flock to make sure none were missing. Fly returns twenty minutes later and tells Jerry and says that there are 40 sheep. Jerry splutters, '40? I only had 38 to begin with.' Quick as a flash, Fly answers, 'Yep, but you told me to round them up.'
Sheep takes a drink; notice that it appears to be standing on a box!
Why did Bo-Peep lose her sheep? She had a crook with her.
Mary Had a Little Lamb"Mary Had a Little Lamb" is an English language nursery rhyme of nineteenth-century American origin. Mary had a little lamb its fleece was white as snow; And everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go. It followed her to school one day, which was against the rule; It made the children laugh and play, to see a lamb at school. And so the teacher turned it out, but still it lingered near, And waited patiently about till Mary did appear. "Why does the lamb love Mary so?" the eager children cry; "Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know" the teacher did reply. Silly Versions 1. Mary had a little lamb, She ate it with mint sauce, And everywhere that Mary went The lamb went too, of course. 2. Mary had a little lamb Her father shot it dead. Now it goes to school with her, Between two hunks of bread.
MARY had a little lamb ... .... and her doctor had a heart attack.