Funny Senior Moments
A person is always startled when he hears himself seriously called "old man" for the first time.
Senior Moments - Jokes, Stories and Funny Pictures
- Sympathetic Look at "Senior Moments Humor"
- Clean Examples of Funny Senior Moments
- Funny Tale of a Lost Senior Citizen
- Quotations Which May Make You Smile
- Yes, I am a Senior Citizen
- More Funny Senior Moments
- Lost in His Own Back Yard?
- Funny Retirement Quotes
An Alternative, Funny and Sympathetic Look at "Senior Moments Humor"Will and Guy have learned that the expression senior moment was apparently coined in America in the mid-nineties, but has become more widely used in the UK during the past couple of years.Originating with specific reference to seniors or senior citizens - people aged sixty or over - it has now entered more general use and can be applied in any situation where someone experiences a momentary lapse of memory, regardless of their age.The term highlights the idea that our brains simply weren't built to cope with the information overload and stress generated by life in the 21st century.An absent-minded activity, like putting your furniture polish in the fridge or your prepared casserole in the cupboard, can also be referred to as a senior moment.Will's wife once put the roast beef in the top oven, of a two oven cooker, set the timer for the bottom oven and went out shopping expecting, on her return, a cooked joint of meat.........................no. Baked beans on toast were the order of that day!
Will and Guy's Best Clean Examples of Funny Senior MomentsArchieArchie, aged 88, has a problem with his house. It has two storeys. It has stairs. When he use the stairs, Archie stops midway to catch his breath. His main problem is that, when he is ready to start again, Archie is unable to remember whether he was going upstairs or downstairs.Old HatA letter to a national UK newspaper in the 1950's declared: 'My grandfather, who is 87, has been converted to nudism. He sits all day long in the greenhouse without a stitch on except for his hat. When I asked him what he wants with a hat on if he's a nudist he hits out at me with his walking stick and hollers, "Because I'm bald."A Hand for the BashIn his later life, a former Bishop of Lincoln, UK, found himself having difficulty rising from a park bench where he had stopped to take the weight off his feet. After struggling ineffectively, he was delighted when a little girl offered a helping hand.'That's very kind of you my dear,' he told her, 'But are you really strong enough?''Oh yes, the child retorted, 'I've often helped my daddy when he was much drunker than you.'
That was your last senior moment.........
EmbarrassmentYou don't really know the meaning of embarrassment until your hip replacement sets off a metal detector at the airport.
Quotations Which May Make You Smile, Laugh, Guffaw or Even Cry
- Apparently this is a true story:When WC Fields, the actor, was in his dotage he was seen to be reading the Bible by a close friend who demanded to know what he was looking for.'Loopholes, dear boy, loopholes,' murmured Fields.
- Old George, told Guy only last week that, 'I'm not 80 - I'm merely 28 with 52 years' experience.'
- Growing old is like being penalised for a crime you haven't committed.
- Will says, 'I don't drink anymore, I can get the same feeling from standing up quickly.'
- Anyone can get old, all you have to do is live long enough. - Groucho Marx
- During a tour in South Wales, UK, playing to the former mining communities with enormous success. Dame Sybil Thorndike found herself at a reception at a place called Tenby in Dyfed, Wales.She was introduced to the assembly as the guest of honour by a rather senile vicar who said, ' I am delighted to have the pleasure of welcoming to our town Dame Sybil, a famous member of the oldest profession in the world.'
Mr Henry Ellingham, the former world's oldest living man, says he reached the ripe old age of 113 thanks to a lot of things other people tell you to avoid.
Old Flame?Two elderly guests, Martin and Chris, attended a party given by a business associate to mark his daughter's engagement to a man she had been living with for three years, were grumbling about the decline in moral standards.'All these people sleeping together before they're married,' Martin muttered indignantly. 'I didn't sleep with my wife before we were married. Did you?''I don't know,' answered Chris thoughtfully. 'What was her maiden name?'
More Senior Moment Snippets
- There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt
- I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped on. I can't afford one so I'm wearing my garage door opener.
- I have gotten that dreaded furniture disease ... that's when your chest is falling into your drawers.
- I'm the life of the party - even if it lasts until 8 pm.
- I'm very good at opening childproof caps - with a hammer.
- I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
- I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.
- I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and over..............
- I'm not really grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, lawyers, loud music, unruly kids, barking dogs, politicians and a few other things I can't seem to remember right now.
- I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.
- I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen? And, how can my kids be older than I feel sometimes?
- I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?
- I'm a walking storeroom of facts - I've just lost the key to the storeroom door.
Yes, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life.
Senior MomentIn a real life case Ghazanfar Shah writes:If you apply some shaving cream on a tooth brush, then only you know it tastes terrible. I had this moment.