Funny Safety Signs on Other Pages
- Funny Safety At Work
- Health and Safety
- Safety PowerPoint Presentation
- Funny Car Safety
- Funny Road Safety
- Fire Safety Pictures
- Funny Warning Signs
- Christmas Warnings
- Funny Warning Labels
Safety Technologies Tested to the Limit
- In 1771 the first accident involving a motor vehicle
took place in Paris when Cugnot, the French inventor's steam tractor hit
a low wall in the grounds of the Paris arsenal.
- Police women were used for traffic control duties for the first time
in Paris in 1964. Delhi, India, introduced women traffic police in 1989.
- The world's first car number plates were issued by the French police
- In 1895 John Henry Knight was convicted and fined for using a
motor-tricycle on the highway. He was probably the first motorist to
appear in court.
- In 1902 Tar was first used on a Macadam surface to prevent dust in
Monte Carlo. It was the idea of Dr. Guglielminetti, a Swiss gentleman.
At first the tar was brushed in cold, but soon it was applied hot.
- The Motor Car Act of Britain came into force on 1st January 1904. It
required that all cars be registered and carry a number plate, and all
motorists to have a driving licence. But there was no driving test to
pass and the licence was obtained by filling up a form and paying the
fee at a post office. The act made dangerous driving an indictable
- The World's first traffic lights were installed in Detroit, USA in
1919. The first traffic lights in Britain were installed in
Wolverhampton during 1928. However, they were not installed in London
- The pedestrian crossing was instituted in Britain in 1934. The roads
were marked by dotted lines. On the pavement there were striped Belisha
beacon light poles named after Britain's Minister of Transport L. Hore-Belisha. The Zebra crossing with black and white stripes was
developed after the Second World War.
- Box junctions, marked with yellow cross-hatching, were introduced in
London during 1964. The aim was to prevent traffic blocking junctions
when it could not proceed and this was successful.
- The first recorded motor-car accident in Britain, resulting in the
death of the driver, occurred in Grove Hill, Harrow-on-the Hill, London,
England on 25th February 1899.
More Funny Workplace Safety Signs
- What is the definition of a shock absorber?
- Do you know how an electrician tells if he's working
with AC or DC power? If it's AC, his teeth chatter when he grabs the
conductors. If it's DC, they just clamp together.
- What did the light bulb say to the generator?
get a charge out of you.
- What Thomas Edison's mother might have said to her son:
Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb.
it off and get to bed.
- Sign on the side of the electrician's van: Let Us Get
Rid of Your Shorts.
- Two atoms were walking down the street one day, when
one of them exclaimed, 'Oh no - I've lost an electron!'
sure?' the other one asked.
'Yes,' replied the first one, 'I'm
- Why are electricians always up to date?
are "current" specialists.
- How do you pick out a dead battery from a pile of good
It's got no spark.
- What would you call a power failure? A current event.
- Did you hear about the silly gardener?
planted a light bulb and thought he would get a power plant.
Please send us your funny safety signs.
See more sections of funny pictures, amusing videos
and clean jokes
All sections •
Funny planes •
Funny train pictures •
• Funny clean jokes •
Short stories • Stupid signs •
Funny warning labels •
Phone jokes •