Kissing is a complex behaviour that requires significant muscular
coordination; just one kiss needs a total of thirty-four facial muscles
and 112 postural muscles.
- No Kissing Allowed
- Just Kissed a Girl
- And Liked It
- Funny Kissing Facts
Mexico Wins World Kissing Record
- Funny Trivia About Kissing
- Just kissing is forbidden. In the Warrington Bank Quay railway station, in Cheshire, EnglandVirgin Rail's spokesman has told us, 'We have not banned
kissing in the station But we have put the sign up at the drop off
point because it is not a very big area and it often gets busy with
lots of traffic. The sign is a light-hearted way of getting people
to move on quickly.'
- In some places kissing is a crime in the USA: it's illegal
in Indiana for a moustached man to "habitually kiss human beings"
while in Hartford, Connecticut it's illegal for a husband to kiss
his wife on Sunday, and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's a crime to kiss
a stranger.We find these statements, found on the net,
difficult to believe! Perhaps someone will contact us to confirm or
the suggestion and advice of the Chamber of Commerce for the Chicago
suburbs of Deerfield, Bannockburn and Riverwoods in the USA. Apparently they are popular signs in that particular neck of the
woods. So, in Warrington Bank Quay, couples are forbidden from
expressing their love in front of the building, and asked to take it
instead into the designated "Kissing Zone" provided. Yes - kissing
- This photo was taken in a taxi in Kuala Lumpur, the sign
was on the back of the front seat. No kissing allowed in cabs or, in
fact, anywhere in KL because it is illegal and carries with it a
maximum penalty of a year in prison. Ouch!
- Many parts of India take a similarly dim view of the
practice, as Richard Gere, the Hollywood actor, found to his cost
when he kissed Shilpa Shetty, the beautiful Bollywood star, during
an Aids rally in New Delhi.
- A no kissing sign spotted in Batu Ferringhi, northern
- Controversy has struck the Mexican city of Guanajuato,
famous, or some may say infamous, for its "kissing alley" where
public displays of affection are believed to bring good luck.Recently, the city council passed a public order bill that included
the new offence of "obscene touching", interpreted to include a
prolonged kiss, which might land the offender with three days in
jail. The outcry was so great that the law has since been reversed,
with the mayor hastily declaring Guanajuato "capital of the kiss",
and explaining that just kissing was ok, he had only meant to outlaw "fondling far beyond
- This sign is on a train window. If anyone knows where the photo
was taken please contact us.
I kissed a girl and I liked it then I went to hell....................... or
maybe jail [see 2 above]
Will and Guy can verify that the world kissing record has been won in
Mexico City when 39,897 people in the Zocalo [main square] locked lips
for ten seconds on 14th February 2009.
This beat the UK's record claimed by Weston-super-Mare, Somerset,
England in 2007.
Obviously Mexico City is a place where kissing in
public is acceptable. Will and Guy have discovered that there are places
that frown on and indeed ban kissing in public. These kisses are not
necessarily passionate or vulgar but are simply kisses of greeting or
more about Valentine's Day kissing
- The scientific name for kissing, snogging, osculating and
bussing is philematology.
- Just kissing can burn off 26 calories in one minute.
- The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing.
- Eskimos, Polynesians and Malaysians and indeed, Ancient
Egyptians, rub noses instead of kissing.
- Ancient Romans kissed each other on the eyes or the mouth as a
- Victorian etiquette, in the UK, required a man to kiss the back
of a ladies hand.
- A standard greeting in Europe is a kiss on both cheeks or it
could be two. . .or three or maybe four.
- African tribes pay homage to their Chief by kissing the ground
on which he has walked.
- In Ireland, you will have good luck if you kiss the Blarney
- Allegedly the Chinese didn't kiss until the practice was
introduced by Westerners, and they're still not very keen on it.
- Snogging helps reduce tooth decay because the extra saliva
it creates helps clean out your mouth.
- In Naples, Italy, in the 16th century, bussing was an offence
that carried the death penalty. Ouch.
- A passionate kiss uses 29 facial muscles. [34 is mentioned at
the top of the page - take your pick]
- Sensitivity of the lips is many times higher than that of the
- It is thought that 66% of people keep their eyes closed while
- Osculating can actually be a beauty treatment. Scientific tests
show that good kissing helps reduce dermatitis, skin rashes and
blemishes. It also makes your skin glow and your eyes shine. [that
is, if they're open]
- Fifty percent of all people have kissed romantically before they
reach 14 years old.
- Just one kiss can contain up to 278 different bacteria, 95% of which
- Men who kiss their wives every morning before going to work
supposedly live 5 years longer than men who don't. Who works these
- A real kiss quickens your pulse to 100 beats in a minute.
Please send us your examples of funny kissing stories.