- 1 Truck Abut Dexter - Strange Sign
- 2 Museum Rules - Daft Sign
- 3 Parking for Icelanders?
- 4 Re-located to April
- 5 Free PowerPoint Presentation of Funny But Strange Signs
- 6 Contents of Strange Funny Signs
- 7 Caution - No Brainer?
- 8 Funny Drunk Sign
- 9 No Dogs Allowed
- 10 Danger Deep Excavations!
- 11 Strange Road Sign: Push Button For.....?
- 12 Beware Moose Crossing!
- 13 How to Create a Funny PowerPoint Presentation
- 14 See more pictures of funny signs, and silly labels
Truck Abut Dexter - Strange SignWell, they got the word 'Truck' right, but what does 'Abut Dexter' mean? Guy consulted our in-house Latin expert, who pointed out that Dexter means 'on the right hand' in Latin. In practice this meant that Guy bought an Italian teacher a drink in the pub, in return the teacher gave him a translation of Dexter. Incidentally, Guy had to endure a lecture on the true meaning of 'Sinister' - on the left hand. 'Abut' had us stumped, but fortunately the bar-maid chipped in that that Abut obviously means 'about'. Thus at great expense, Will and Guy can tell you that 'Truck Abut Dexter' means, 'Only trucks can be about in the right hand lane'.
Museum Rules - Daft SignPlease strictly abide by our rules, and welcome to our museum!
Parking for Icelanders?Will and Guy wonder, how do you spot an Icelander?
Re-located to AprilThe above picture certainly provokes more questions than it answers. Could it be a matter of the tense of the verb Should it be, 'We WILL re-locate at the end of April'? Alternatively is April a person? Logically, April would be an address, but there was no April avenue, street, or even an April road in this town. Mysterious.
Free PowerPoint Presentation of Funny But Strange SignsFree Download of Funny But Strange Signs (Right click, Save Target As)
Contents of Strange Funny SignsStrange and funny signs
- Now that is really helpful
- Don't sit on..............what?
- Where on earth would one find a lightening bolt?
- Don't drop litter
- Rather a long winded way of requesting that you do not drop your litter. Sign found in France
- Lose a finger? In that case I will not feed him Mind your head
- At first this doesn't appear funny, but, when travelling up the escalator you are distracted by the sign and........................bump your head.
- Which way now?
- Take no notice of this sign Why is this sign there at all?
- No parking or at least, limited parking Think I'll park elsewhere. Most unfair Be warned
- How do they do that?
- Pay attention now
- Makes sense really
- Mental Health Sign
- Fishing I love clarity in a sign
- Speed Limit 25mph Today I will drive slowly
- Truck Abut Dexter What does this mean?
- Museum Rules - You will be tested on this during your visit
- Rather a lot to take in
- Modern Technology
- Relocation sign in shop window -But where have you gone?
Funny Drunk Sign
Danger Deep Excavations!Above picture kindly snapped and sent in by Peter Dane. A combination of two adjacent signs photographed in July 2010 on the roundabout at the junction of Waterfall Road, Hampden Way/Morton Road London N14.
Beware Moose Crossing!
How to Create a Funny PowerPoint PresentationMaking presentations in PowerPoint is satisfying, moreover, it's easy to get started. The PowerPoint program is intuitive to learn and easy to create your own PPT slides and build them into a slide show. If you have Microsoft Office you may find that you already have PowerPoint along with Word and Excel. One way to begin is simply to open any example presentation. Just download one of our free PPT files and open it with PowerPoint. As you examine the slides, so it will become obvious how to add pictures and titles, if you do get stuck, ask the wonderful built-in 'Help'. To make a funny slide show requires these skills;
- Imagination - Think of an funny idea, then build a themed slide set
- Artistic - An eye for a good picture
- Wordsmith - Choose a catchy title for each slide
- Humour - Your viewers will appreciate a funny PowerPoint Presentation
- PowerPoint mechanics - Actually, this is the easiest skill of them all, the program is so intuitive.