For times when your need to overcome bad notions, or you just want to a start the day on a positive note, here is a list of Christian thoughts from famous people.
- Christian Thought for the Day
- Ten General Christian Thoughts of the Day
- Christian Thoughts Expressed by Other Religions
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart
- Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. - Doris Mortman
- Peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. - Author unknown
- Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be
successful. - Albert Schweitzer
- As long as we are not chased from our words we have nothing to fear. As long as our utterances keep their sound we have a voice.
As long as our words keep their sense we have a soul. - Edmond Jabès.
- This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. - William
- When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
- The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson
A Priest's Sunday Sermon
Francis was watching his father, a priest, write a sermon for the Sunday service.
'How do you know what to say?' Francis asked.
'Why, God tells me', the father replied.
'Oh, then why do you keep crossing things out?'
More Thoughts for Today
- Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many: not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. - Charles Dickens
- Character is what you do when no one is looking. - Henry Huffman
- Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. - Gail Devers
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself. - Ann Eleanor Roosevelt
- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato
- Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind. - Cicero
- There are three things which are real: God, human folly, and laughter. Since the first two pass our comprehension, we must do what we can with the third. - Aubrey Menen
- If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. - Alan Simpson
- Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
- Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat. - Mother Teresa
- When you face the perils of weariness, carelessness, and confusion, don't pray for an easier life. Pray instead to be a stronger man or woman of God. - Luis Palau
- Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger.
- There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. - French proverb
- Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep - Carl Sandburg
- Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. - Jesse Jackson
- A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth. - Charles Darwin.
- The worst sin - perhaps the only sin - passion can commit, is to be joyless. - Dorothy L. Sayers
- When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love. - The Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
- Goodness does not consist in greatness, but greatness in goodness. - Athenaeus
- Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you. - Madeline Bridges
- We can forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
- What lies behind us and what lies before are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - William Morow
More Christian Thoughts of the Day
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha
- Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
- All humanity is one undivided and indivisible family, and each one of us is responsible for the misdeeds of all the others. - Mahatma Gandhi
- Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding. - Mahatma Gandhi
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. - Indira Gandhi
- Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions. - Dalai Lama
- If you want to be happy, practice compassion. - Dalai Lama
- All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives. - Dalai Lama
- He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything. - Arabian Proverb
- To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. - Confucius
- See more moral short stories.
Loving Thought of the Day
- Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young. - Arthur Wing Pinero
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust
- At the end of the day, love and compassion will win. - Terry Waite
- Beauty is truth, and truth is beauty - John Keats
- A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness. - John Keats
- Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. - Henry David Thoreau
- Never refuse any advance of friendship, for if nine out of ten bring you nothing, one alone may repay you. - Madame de Tencin
- Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; Do not write them on their tombstones, Speak them rather now instead. - Anna Cummins
- The deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy. - Alfred North Whitehead
- Children begin by loving their parents. After a time they judge them. Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them. - Oscar Wilde
- If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy
- To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. - Karen Sunde
- Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. - Swedish Proverb
- Shared joy is double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow. - Swedish proverb.
- Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home. - Bill Cosby. Children's' letters to god.
Inspirational Thoughts for the Day
- Integrity has no need of rules. - Albert Camus
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility; never an opportunity. - Kahlil Gibran
- I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. - Jewish Proverb
- I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal and soon they'll forget my number. - Edith Armstrong
- The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat oneself. - Gamaliel Bailey
- Take heed: you do not find what you do not seek. - English Proverb
- Failure to prepare is preparing to fail. - Benjamin Franklin
- If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own. - Socrates
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
- Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere. - Glenn Turner
- Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm. - Author Unknown
- The only thing constant in life, is change. - François de la Rochefoucauld
Funny Thoughts of the Day
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Footnote: Please write to Will and Guy if you have a 'Christian thought for the day'.