- Story of the Taxi Driver and St Peter
- Poor Sick Boy
- A Prayer for Easter Sunday
- Maria Told Her Mother Gladly
- 1 The Funny Story of the Taxi Driver and St Peter
- 2 More Sermon Jokes For Easter
- 3 What Price a Sermon?
- 4 A Vicar and His Son
- 5 Maria Told Her Mother Gladly
- 6 A New Twist on Lot's tale
- 7 Poor Sick Boy
- 8 Funny Church Notices for Easter
- 9 A Prayer for Easter Sunday
- 10 An Act of Kindness
- 11 Quotes Suitable for Grace on Easter Sunday
One Easter a priest and a taxi driver both died and went to heaven. St. Peter was at the Pearly gates waiting for them. 'Come with me,' said St. Peter to the taxi driver. The taxi driver did as he was told and followed St Peter to a mansion. It had everything you could imagine from a bowling alley to an Olympic size pool. 'Oh my word, thank you,' said the taxi driver. Next, St. Peter led the priest to a rough old shack with a bunk bed and a little old television set. 'Wait, I think you are a little mixed up,' said the priest. 'Shouldn't I be the one who gets the mansion? After all I was a priest, went to church every day, and preached God's word.' 'Yes, that's true.' St Peter rejoined, 'But during your Easter sermons people slept. When the taxi driver drove, everyone prayed.'
More Sermon Jokes For EasterIt's funny how one sermon joke reminds you of another.
Easter EvangelistA man says to evangelist lady who is preaching in the street during lent: "I know what YOU are! You're a 'happy clapper'".
"Oh no I'm not!" she said. "I'm a Walkie Talkie!"
A New Twist on Lot's taleA father was reading Bible stories to his young son. He read, 'The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city, but his wife looked back and was turned to salt.' His son asked, 'What happened to the flea?'
Funny Church Notices for Easter
- Baptisms: After Easter, the North and South ends of the church will be utilised. Children will be baptised at both ends.
- Bible Study: Richard, my friend's little grandson came home from Sunday School and I asked him what they had studied. His reply was, 'Nothing.' So I asked him, 'Didn't you study Jesus?' Richard's reply was, 'No, he wasn't even there.'
- Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world.
Young Ernie and his family were invited to have Easter Sunday lunch at his grandmother's house in Monkey's Eyebrow, Arizona. USA. Everyone was seated around the table as the food was being served. When Ernie received his plate he started eating straight away. 'Ernie, wait until we say grace,' demanded his father. 'I don't have to,' the five year old replied. 'Of course you do, Ernest,' his mother insisted rather forcefully. 'We always say a prayer before eating at our house.' 'That's at our house,' Ernie explained, 'but this is Grandma's house, and she knows how to cook.'
Quotes Suitable for Grace on Easter Sunday
- Easter Peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. - Author unknown
- Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life. S.D. Gordon
- Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. - Jesse Jackson
- I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. - Jewish Proverb
- At the end of the day, love and compassion will win. - Terry Waite
- Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals. Charles M. Crowe
- See more Easter quotes