It took us 50 years to learn this wisdom; one thing you should realize,
Will and Guy have good mentors.
- 10 Things to Know - Will and Guy's Insights
- 10 Things to Know - Wisdom from the Famous
- 10 Things to Know - Sent in By Alicia
- 10 More Factoids to Grasp
- Ten Things You Probably Never Knew or Thought About
- Recognize Your Relations
10 Things to Know - Will and Guy's Insights
- The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
- Will and I have yet to find anybody who can give us a clear and
compelling reason why we put the clocks forward every spring.
- There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'
- There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to
make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race
has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word
would be 'meetings.'
- You should not confuse your career with your life
(i.e., never confuse having a career with having a life!).
- A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice
- No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too
- You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests
you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very
often, that individual is crazy. (Your friends love you, anyway!)
10 Things to Know - Wisdom from the Famous
- Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves.
- Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.James M. Barrie
- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.Floyd Dell
- It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
- That's the secret to life... replace one worry with another....
Charles M. Schulz
- We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Some things have to be believed to be seen.
- Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.
David T. Wolf
- The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.
See more of
10 Things to Know - Sent in By Alicia
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a
laxative drug on the same night.
worry about what people think, they don't
do it very often.
- Going to church doesn't
make you a Christian anymore than
standing in a garage makes you a car.
- Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
- If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
- My idea of
housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
- Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
- It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
- For every action, there is an
equal and opposite government program.
- If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
10 More Factoids to Grasp
- Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
- A conscience is what
hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
- A balanced diet is a beer in each hand.
- Thou shalt not weigh more than thy fridge.
- Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
- Never lick a steak knife.
- Junk is something You've kept for years and throw away three
weeks before you need it.
- Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a
mistake when you make it again.
- Nobody cares if you can't
dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a
lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
5 More Things To Know
- Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.
- The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents
obey their children.
King Edward VIII
- Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.
- Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad
Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
about the problem.
Malcolm Forbes Ten Things You Probably Never Knew or Thought About
- At least 10 people in this world love you in some way.
- A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't
- Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
- You mean the world to someone.
- If not for you, someone may not be living.
- You are special and unique.
- When you make
the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
- Always remember the compliments you received. Forget
about the rude remarks.
- Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know.
- If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are
Kindly Sent in by Niki
Five Things Niki Added Later
- At least 5 people in this world love you so much they would die for you.
- The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just
- When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look: you most likely turned your back on the world.
- Someone that you don't
even know exists loves you.
- When you think you
have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't
get it, but if you believe in yourself, probably, sooner or later, you will get it.
Recognize Your Relations
As they passed a barnyard of mules,
goats, and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, 'Relatives of yours?'
'Yep, 'the wife replied, 'in-laws.'
Please send us your 10 things to know.
- The one activity that unites all human beings, regardless of age,
gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep
down inside, we EACH believe that we are above-average drivers.
- The main accomplishment of almost all organised protests is to annoy
people who are not in them.
- If there really is a God who created the entire universe with all of
its glories, and He decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL
NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.