Fascinating Facts, Factoids and Snippets
Some of these factoids will bring a smile to your face. Or maybe
you might like to surprise your friends with your new found knowledge?
- 10 Interesting Facts
- Tranche of 10 Interesting Factoids
- Snippets of Information
- Interesting Facts That Not a Lot of People Know
- Leonardo da Vinci was able to draw with one hand while writing with the other.
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
- Anne Boleyn had six fingers on each hand.
Blanc [the voice of Bugs Bunny] was allergic to carrots.
- Pope John Paul the 2nd became a honorary Harlem Globetrotter in the year 2000.
- Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon with his left foot.
- The first owner of Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
- The average person in
their life time will eat 60,000 pounds of food, the weight of approximately six elephants.
- 25% of the bones in your body are in your feet. Also, Your ribs move about five million times a year.
- Most of the dust particles in your house are dead skin.
- The average person laughs thirteen times a day. Are you average?
- Men are more likely to be struck by lightning than women.
- Amateur boxer Joe Flanagan named his two sons Bob and Weave.
- Drivers kill more deer than hunters.
- William Semple, a dentist, invented chewing gum to
exercise the jaw.
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red.
- Everybody's tongue print is as unique as their finger print.
- A hardworking adult will sweat up to four gallons of water per day.
- Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toenails.
You may be surprised to find that goats are able to climb trees.
Will and Guy have found out that in Morocco goats climb Argan trees to
consume delicious berries which are similar to olives. Local farmers
follow these goats because fruit of the Argan tree has the nut inside
which is used to make delicious cooking oil. Another interesting fact is
that Morocco goats spit or excrete these nuts, which then farmers use to
make the Argan oil. However, Argan trees are very close to extinction
because of the tree wood harvesting.
The Official Olympic Flag Created by Pierre de
Coubertin in 1914, the Olympic flag contains five interconnected rings
on a white background. The five rings symbolize the five significant
continents and are interconnected to symbolize the friendship to be
gained from these international competitions. The rings, from left to
right, are blue, yellow, black, green, and red. These colours were
chosen because at least one of them appeared on the flag of every
country in the world. The Olympic flag was first flown during the 1920
Horses' Legs in the Air
An urban myth has grown up that if a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs
in the air, the person died in battle. Whereas, if the horse has one front leg in
the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.
the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural
Stefan Killenberg writes:
I studied in Dresden and the most famous statue there is the so called
"Golden Rider" it's a statue of August (called the strong).
You see the horse of this statue has both front legs in the air but
August the strong died from Diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure and other
things connected to the fact that he was too fat. So he didn't die in
battle, or would you call this a battle against weight!
Will and Guy would be interested in hearing
from American readers on this topic as the latest theory is that the 'Legs
in the Air' only applies to horse statues featuring Gettysburg soldiers.
- The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
- Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray
blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
- Time magazine's 'Man of the Year' for 1938 was Adolph
- The Main Library at Indiana University, USA, sinks over an
inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into
account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- It cost 7 million
dollars to build the Titanic, and 200 million to make a film about it.
- A woman's arthritic pains will almost always disappear as soon
as she becomes pregnant. No one knows why.
- Your body contains 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
- Nebraska has more miles of river than any other US state.
trees can live 200 or more years.
- An ostrich egg needs to be
boiled for 2 hours to get a hard-boiled egg.
- Ninety percent of all
teenagers suffer from some form of acne.
- Avocados have more protein than any other fruit.
- Most alcoholic beverages contain all 13 minerals necessary to sustain
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet
away from a lavatory to avoid airborne particles resulting from the
Please send us your selection of 10 interesting facts